Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!


Yo yo yo!
Easter was way too beautiful over here in Alabama. It might have been raining outside, but it was raining the spirit inside!! Haha! It was really good, and Elder Jensen and I got to teach Sunday School. Bore some mad testimony about the resurrection and everyone loved it. And you still need to send me some pics of the yard ‘before’ so I can appreciate what the gardener is going to do.
And Elder Holland is my favorite speaker for sure. I always get so much out of his talks, and it has been great to learn from him. I can’t believe I never watched General Conference growing up. That was dumb of me! There is so much good stuff that I have missed. And what is the dry packer or canner or whatever? I’m guessing that is for food storage.  Never knew there was one in Fountain Valley though. How is John doing? Does he still come to church and all of that? And yeah, I can’t believe that all of this time has already flown by. It’s weird that I have less than 12 weeks left of my mission haha. Goodness gracious. I can’t believe it. Doesn’t feel real at all. And what type of smoothie thing did you get? It even makes tortilla soup??? No way! That sounds so cool! I just got a plain ole smoothie machine, but it still works wonders.
This week was good again. And yeah, that picture was of me putting together Sister Butt's bike. She is a sister in the zone, and they were struggling. Elder Jensen is doing well on the bikes and we still don’t have a car, so we are going to get fit :) I love it! We have had to bike to church and we have to bike there tomorrow for Zone Training meeting as well! Luckily, we didn’t have to bike to the temple on Tuesday, that would have been rough. We got a ride there and we were able to relax and enjoy it. I got to see Elders Yogoh and Ojelade this week at Zone Leaders Council as well. And I got my first temple recommend interview since being back home. Can you believe that 2 years have gone by since I first got a recommend?!  So this week was action packed and i still love everything about being a missionary. Today we’ve got to shop, eat, and then we have two appointments with recent converts. What’s new with y’all? Anything exciting planned? 
Let me know!
Love, Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment