Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2012


Family!
I thought y’all would have been home by now for sure! So that means you are probably driving home as we speak! Drive safe!!!!! And yeah, I love the good ole Deedee memories! Makes me want to get another dog, don’t you feel the same way? :) And are y’all both driving a car a piece home, or what? Also, sounds like your week wasn’t too busy, but you were able to have a lot of fun. And I can picture you and Rick going through Gma’s stuff and crying haha. That must have been good though, to spend that time with Uncle Rick and talk. I have no idea what we should put on Gma’s gravestone. You should put one of her songs that she used to sing all the time on it haha. I'll keep thinking of a scripture, but none are jumping out at me right now.
I can’t believe that Tyler is going to have another kid by the time I get home. Geez! I won’t know two of my relatives. And why is Lauren being so mean to me hahaha. Tell her she knows that she wants my room because its way better than hers, and Nick would never sell all of his burritos to her. He has a special supply just for me. And I could absolutely not feel any love from what she said :(   She needs to step up her love game.
All is going well over here in Cahaba Heights! Elder Jensen and I did a fireside for the youth in our branch last night, and everyone loves us!! Throwing down some good info for them, and I had such a good time. I love teaching people. :) I have been being all kinds of awkward lately walking up to everyone and talking to them. Y’all would be proud! We are teaching the entire store of RadioShack in the Brookwood Mall. All of the employees are either less-active members, or investigators we have picked up from talking to them as we visit the less-active folk. We also are teaching the lady in Sunglass Hut, the dude in the Snack Shack, and the guy at Journeys (both are less-active members). Haha so we spent a lot of time in the mall this week but we weren’t shopping!! We were teaching people. We also got fed like 8 times this week. I don’t know what was going on, but I was loving it. I barely ate any of the food I bought for this week. And last night at the fireside they sent us home with a bunch of snacks. So we are pretty much good for this next week too. So yeah, I’m doing great. Nothing is wrong and I am learning tons and tons everyday. Transfers are in 9 days, so I think its kind of crazy that I only have like 7 weeks left on my mission. But it is good, because just the thought of going home is making me push myself to work harder and do more and more. Can’t give up just because time is running out!  1 Corinthians 9:24 “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain”. Gotta keep on running haha. But yeah, if you have any questions, ax me! I love y’all! Hope you have the best week ever. 
Love,
Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment