Sup yo!
Yeah, we had some crazy weather this week but
it wasn’t a big deal at all. We had to stay inside our apartment for a while,
but there has seriously been a lot worse weather than that before. We just had
to play it safe :) It just rained for part of the day and had some good wind.
Not bad at all.
The front yard looks great! Those plants are
going to take some time to win my heart, but I will give them a chance :) Sounds
like you had a good week, and you are going to have a busy week coming up! When
did Lauren decide to move back to California? I haven’t heard anything
about this!!! Is she just going to work or what? That will be good,
though. You won’t be an empty nester anymore! And I get home in less than
2 months. Oh, and today is my 22nd month mark!! Crazy or what???? I’m glad people still asking
about me back home. I thought I would have been old hat by now haha. All of
these other missionaries are out from the ward.
And Nick isn’t working at Mimi's anymore? That
is cool that he will be working at a Mexican place. I’m gonna have to visit him
when I get home....
But wassup here in the dirty south is I’m
tired! We had our zone activity today and it was off the chain! We got the Elders
Quorum to bring a BBQ to the church and we grilled burgers, hot dogs then
played some volleyball, basketball and frisbee. I was out of control a lil bit
haha. It was so much fun. I’m drained right now though. I’m also on exchanges
with Elder West (Elder Ingersoll trained him :) so since I trained Elder
Ingersoll, he's my grandson...if our mission used that terminology but we don’t
haha.
We had 5 meal appointments this week, so you
can rest assured that I will be coming home fat and happy. I have been working
out like crazy and I had the fattest blister on my foot! From playing
basketball on Thursday with our investigators. I taped the skin in my journal
hahahaha. I know that is super weird but it was worth it :) We had a really
good week meeting tons of people. We walked around Southside and contacted for
hours this week. The weather is seriously perrrrrrfect. 73 right now and I’m
diggin it. Seasons are changing up in here! It is good though, all of the new
missinoaries are doing great in the zone and we had a blast today in the zone
activity. Also it is weird because all the new missionaries look up to me
because I know so much about the scriptures. I don’t feel like I know that much,
but I know a lot more then I did back home that’s for sure. Haha its amazing
what will happen if you actually pray and read your scriptures! Who would
have thought!
But I am in love with my mission. I have grown
so much, and I am still growing! I’ve learned how to be happy no matter what,
and I’ve learned how to talk to people and connect with anyone. Like this week I
made a new friend in this homeless dude named "Freedom" haha nuff
said. You can guess what he was like just by his name ;) Also met a Christian Science
lady. Hasn’t gone to the doctor her whole life and she is like 67! Crazy stuff!
I never did get around to buying shoelaces, but
at the same time I’m just waiting for the ones I have to break. No rush :) That’s
just how I’m feeling lately. Not worrying about the little things, and just
trying to focus on the main things and get them going well so I won’t have to
worry about regrets or anything. Are there any questions y’all have for me? I
feel like all I do is blabber on and on in the emails haha. So if there is
anything you want to know, email me back right quick. I got 17 minutes left!'
Love y’all! Hope your week goes smoothly!!
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment