Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference


Mom and Pop! 
General Conference was way too good! I took like 300 pages of notes and I love the way I feel afterwards! I’m always so excited and hopeful! Who wouldn’t want to feel like that!? Elder Holland threw it down once again! “Lord, I believe.  Help Thou mine unbelief.” I loved the way he compared how important belief is to the father getting his son healed. You need to first see and acknowledge your strengths, then worry about your weaknesses. LOVED IT! I really liked Elder Uchtdorf’s quote, “Spiritual light rarely comes to those who merrily sit in the darkness waiting for someone to flick the switch” as well. There were too many good ones this conference. The music was amazing too! I think the BYU choir was amazing! There were two missionaries from my mission in it!
Oh, and speaking of Costco! I had a Costco pizza for the first time since I was home. That stuff is way good! And the gopher season already started, huh? What do you mean Abby didn’t want to play with it? haha. I can’t believe she is still obsessed with playing ball. Has she lost any weight, or is she still a big ole chub? OUR YARD LOOKS BARREN!!! I CANT BELIEVE Y’ALL WOULD DISRESPECT OUR YARD LIKE THAT! haha. Man, it is going to take a while for all of that to fill back in. I’m sad you took the Japanese maple tree out! That thing was my favorite.... :( its ok though, I’ll get over it.
How was I looking in the pictures from the interview?? Good, or no? haha and why doesn’t Dad want to go to the Student Emmy's? That should be the most exciting thing he has done for a while. He’s turning into grandpa O haha. : ) That would be sweet if Estafan wins! I could claim that my sister is famous! That would be awesome…
And my week has been uh-mazing. We got our car back on Friday, its a new car but same style and all of that. So it has been nice to be able to see some more areas that are out of bike range. We also went on exchanges with the Spanish elders and it was so fun. I found a 5 dollar buffet that is money! I’ll have to bring y’all to eat there haha. My bike is holding up, the wheels are a lil off true and the brakes are acting up, but I can take it to the shop and they could fix all of that. My shoes aren’t holding up, though! I might need dad to send out that polish. They are looking pretty shady right now, and I’m on my last pair of laces. I have to switch the laces out between my dress shoes and my walking shoes. So hopefully they won’t break or I won’t have any laces for either pair haha. Don’t worry about sending any, I can probably pick up some out here, we have a Macy’s and all of that. I probably won’t have to burn anything when I get home haha. Both my suits are still good, and my shoes just need to be taken care of more. I won’t be able to fit in any of my pants, like jeans and stuff when I get home. My thighs are way too big haha, and they are still chickeny, just buff chickeny : ) haha. And we try to go to the botanical gardens each week, but this week they have a spring plant sale, where they sell like 100,000 plants. It’s out of our area, so we couldn’t volunteer for that, but we will go there next week.
But nevertheless, this week was great. We weren’t able to find too many new people, but we did find a couple. Also Marianal, the Swedish Brazilian lady I have been teaching since LAST April is finally ready to be baptized!!!!!! So I am soooo pumped about that. I have taught her for no joke an entire year. So I am super excited for her baptism. Also we went to follow up with this one couple I met on exchanges a month or two ago, and they were doing great.  We left a blessing with them and blessed them that the wife would find a job, and the husband would be able to do well in school and keep his family his top priority. So we show up one month later, and the wife has three jobs!!! It was awesome to see, and she said, "oh yeah, I heard about you guys. As soon as you left last time, my husband called me all excited!" So that was good to hear, and we told him about General Conference, and he watched it at his house. So I’m excited to see what happens with them. They aren’t in my area though! So I’m going to have to be on the missionaries’ back to get it done. It is always good to see how the gospel really does bless people! So excited to see some more miracles in my life.
And that is good that Gene will be able to help out a little. I hope I can get that job! That would be amazing. And classy. I sure do look good in a suit ;) haha. If you have any questions, I will be on for a while longer! I love y’all and I hope you have a great week! Keep praying for me! It helps!
Love,
Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment