Familia!
The
great state of Alabama is rockin! Probably in the 70s today and you better
believe I’m loving it. We got a little cold patch this week, but we are
back up in Elder Oppenlander type weather :) And a ton of exciting things
happened for me this week! First off, the golfing last week was amazing!! I
loved it so much and the course was super nice. It was a Robert Trent Jones
golf course and the country club was, no joke, classy. I was loving it. We hit
some balls at the driving range for about 30 minutes. I was pretty bad haha.
And then Bro. Hainsworth ... who works there ... gave us his cart and said to go
play however many holes we wanted. So we played for like 2 hours and did all 18
holes on the par 3 course. And on the last whole it started to rain. So it was
perfect timing. And Tuesday through Friday morning I was in Fort Payne, Alabama
again, and I forgot to take pictures again ... shoot. But I was with Elder Gebert,
my companion from the Missionary Training Center, and we got work done right good.
P.S. I got convinced into learning how to play the banjo!!!! We met this part
member family, and the husband said he taught banjo. And I saw a huge upright
bass so I told him to play a lil sumpin sumpin for me! And goodness gracious,
he played a lil something for me real good. It was like van Halen on the banjo
and it was so beautiful. I just sat there smiling for like 10 minutes! No joke,
he would be playing one song then switch to another, and the whole time his
wife was playing the bass along with him. And country bass is way easy to play
haha. Just thunk along with the song. But oh my days, that banjo was playing
just what I wanted to hear. Amazing. So yeah, when I get home, I'll probably be
way into golf and playing music haha.
Oh,
and by the way, I’m pretty sure I’ll be coming home a week early now. The March
transfer is only going to be 5 weeks instead of 6 to accommodate the influx of
all the new missionaries. So I’ll probably be home June 11th instead of June
18th. Don’t hold me to that, but that’s what I was told. Then we went to Zone Leaders
Council on Friday, and it was good. Got some Chipotle and talked a lot haha. It
was a lot more talking than normal but it’s all good. I learned a lot. After
that, Elder Yogoh went with Elder Ingersoll to teach a dude in Swahili. And I
went with Elder Ingersolls’ trainee, named Elder Bean, and also his visa waiter,
Elder Sablan. They have both been out a week and a day so it was really fun to
watch how excited they were and how they loved everything I said. Elder Bean
was all, "I wish you were my companion with Elder Ingersoll, I love your
knowledge" hahahaha it was pretty funny. But we taught 3 lessons with them
and set a baptismal date so I think they enjoyed it. Then we went and saw Regina!
I hadn’t seen her for a while so that was cool, then went to the hospital to
see Brother Dean! He has an infection around his kidney and he was unconscious
for like a week. So we saw him and he was super excited! Didn’t look too bad,
but you could tell he was hurtin’. So pray for him if y’all can. By the time
all that was over it was like 8:00, so we got on the road and it took us till
9:45 to get home. Long drive. So I’m done driving for the month.
That’s
about all the excitement that has happened this week. Besides going to a part member’s
home last night and learning how to make chocolate pie!!! I got a pic I'll show
ya. But yeah! That’s my week!
Sounds
like y’all are still busy and having a great time being involved with the young
single adults. And that is cool that 12 people in the ward are getting ready
for missions! That is good to hear. And I haven’t heard from JT in a while
either. But last time I wrote him it cost me $1.10. So I'll just wait to talk
to him when he gets home hahah! And make sure to send me some almond roca. That
stuff is good good....
Yeah,
I’ve heard about Alabama and Notre Dame haha. Whether I like it or not, I end
up hearing about it. How did Jackie and Nicole like the singles ward? And
Nicole isn’t talking to Andy? Haha, I’m glad I don’t have to worry about drama
like that for another 6 months. Most relaxing time of my life. When I get home
it’s gonna be crazy haha. Y’all should have gone to El Burrito. Super Mex doesn’t
cut it! Got that good salsa though. That is one thing that they have. And our
holiday luncheon got rescheduled to this Wednesday with the Madison zone. Since
the Madison zone only has like 8 missionaries, they thought it would be better
to double it up.
Yeah,
my hair is short. And everyone keeps saying how Elder Yogoh and I have the same
hair line haha. My super blonde hair makes it look like I’m balding up in here
hahahaha. Ain’t no thang, it will grow back. And I will be the happiest out of
all of you to get my hair cut by Jackie when I get home. I miss that shampoo ;)
plus, I can’t cut my own hair. Y’all see what happens.
And
we have 4 investigators with baptismal dates right now. Chris, Chance, Emily,
and John-Mark. So please keep them in your prayers. I got the line of authority
cards. Gracias for that! And I'll be looking forward to getting that conversion
story! And share it with people, dad! Good job with Tegyn’s boyfriend, but you
need to share it more. Don’t be scurred. :)
Have
a great week, and sorry if this letter is all over the place. Once again I got
some pics for y’all. Don’t mind the short hair!
Love,
Elder
Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment