O's!
My Thanksgiving was pretty great out here in Alabama!!
But I couldn’t really tell how yours went, because every picture you sent me
was upside down and I can’t rotate it on this dumb computer haha. So I think
the turkey was burnt, but that’s about all I can say haha. We went to three dinners
and ate a lot at every one haha. I was very full and I got a fat headache at
the last one. Too much food for me. And I realized that I do not like Thanksgiving
food at all, besides rolls and mashed potatoes. Gravy is gross. I don’t really
like turkey, or stuffing, or pie, or green bean casserole. It’s just not my
style. I enjoyed the food but I could have enjoyed other food more.
And I think I am still the tallest out of all
the cousins! We'll see how long that lasts though ... I got Nick and Steven
beat fo sho, it’s Garret I’m worried about. That boy keeps on growing. And did
you for reals burn the turkey??? Come on, now. I had a fried turkey for the
first time and that thing was too bueno! They injected it with some flavored
butter too. It was goodness gracious good.
And Tyler Given has his mission call!! That is
sweet. Glad to hear the Los Al guys are still applying and going out. We have
quite a few on missions right now. That is good. And I heard the new James Bond
movie was good. I can’t believe I have missed so many movies. I got a lot to
catch up on when i get home. What do you have on the patio to sit on? Did y’all
get a table and stuff or what?
Did Lauren go to the El Dorado ward with y’all
yesterday? How is it going? Still busy busy busy? I didn’t play in any turkey
bowl this year. It was on Saturday instead of actual Thanksgiving? How weird is
that? So I decided not to play in it. And get Elder Yogoh a Seal Beach shirt,
and he will be a size medium. He is super small haha. Skinny little African.
Only weighs like 160, and he is almost as tall as I am. And yeah, I can’t
believe Christmas is only a month away!! I can’t believe time is flying by so
fast. We can probably set a time up once I figure out where I will be Skyping
you from. And send the boxes whenever you want, mom. Send them closer to Christmas
if you want me opening them up then. If you send them now...consider them
opened.
And what do you think of the suit???? That
thing is pretty classy huh?! And my head is pretty much shaved nowadays. Got
barely any hair on my head. I went to use Elder Yogoh’s trimmer, but the
biggest size guide he had was a 3 so I went for it hahaha. I can feel the sun
on my scalp, which is kinda weird but its all good. Hair grows back. And it is
getting cold here again. It was 40 degrees at the hottest part of the day on Saturday.
Burrrrrrrrrr up in here. My hands are all types of cracked and my knuckles
start bleeding every once in a while haha. I’ve become accustomed to the
humidity, so now when there isn’t that much, I dry up. I’m scared for coming
home haa.
And no, I cannot believe that Elder Holley is
getting married!! Bold move for sure. I can honestly say I didn’t expect that
one. Big boy move, right there. And guess what??!! Today I’m going golfing!!!!!
Finally! I’ve been trying my whole mission, and today I’m going golfing at the Hampton
Cove golf course. A member works there, so he is getting us a lunch in the
country club and then we are going out to go hit some balls. I’m so excited. And
the golf course is a super fancy one! I’m very happy. I want to get into
golfing more when I get home. Time to relax and have some fun.
We set two more baptismal dates this week with Chance
and Chris, so please pray for them if you could. This next week I’m going to Fort
Payne for an exchange again, going to the mission home for the holiday luncheon
with Pres. and Sis. Holzapfel, and then have Zone Leader’s Council in Birmingham
on Friday. So I’m going to be running around a lot this week. Can’t believe its
almost December. Almost my year and a half mark!! Are you kidding?? So
that’s what’s going on with me over here. We can chat if y’all want. Ask some
questions.
Love, Elder Oppenlander!
No comments:
Post a Comment