Monday, November 5, 2012

November


Whats happenin’!!
 I’m glad you liked the picture of us at the bonfire on Halloween! It felt so good because it was freezing here in Alabama. Then the next day it was like 84 and perfect. And now it is cold again. But it’s all good, I can always wear more clothes. We got a little rain Thursday night from the hurricane, but not much and no wind. Sounds like y’alls Halloween was pretty good as well. I can’t believe all the neighbors are growing up haha. Oh ... speaking  of Nick’s Burritos, I’m craving that right now. That sounds so good, oh my days! Elder Ojelade got me saying ‘oh my days’ a lot haha. It the dumbest saying ever but I say it .... ha.
And that is cool that the cousins are getting their row on! I think that would be so fun. It will get them in shape real good. And why does Nick have to get all dressed up? I hope some of my old stuff will fit him. We'll see, I guess. And having Thanksgiving over at Uncle Bill’s again, huh? I can’t believe this is going the be the 2nd one I miss! I have been out here in Alabama forever. I can’t believe I only have like 7 full months left. Its crazy! And that is good that Jackie will be filling my spot again this year! I hope she likes hanging out with the family haha. That’s cool, and how in the world did Lauren get a flight home on Thanksgiving day?? I thought that was like, impossible. And there is a young lady in my ward who says she went to tour the animation dept of BYU and met Lauren!! She saw the making of Estefan and that is what she wants to do for her career. So I thought that was pretty cool. Small world if you’re mormon. I’ll deffs write Gma and pa and wish them a happy birthday. How old is they? How is papa holding up as the new bishop of the singles ward? I’m sure they have plenty for y’all to do and keep y’all busy. That is good, though. It will keep you young? :) And Jeffy might be playing for BYU Hawaii?? That would be pretty fun. I’m still excited for the Hawaii trip haha. You for sure have to keep me updated with bishop life though, and I’m excited for y’all. It’s going to be great. Young Single Adult ward haha! And the word gets around way fast nowadays! Facebook and text and all that. Shoot, its good to be out of the loop for once haha. Just have to work and not worry about anything else.
      My week has been amazing! On Halloween we had Zone Leaders Council, and it was awesome!! We got to talk to the mission president of the Fort Lauderdale mission, President Anderson, and he introduced a new finding tool to the mission. We will be going around blessing families, and using our priesthood to invite the spirit. As we talked with President Anderson, he was telling us all these crazy stories. And how their mission went from baptizing 40 per month to last month they had 159!!! So we are pumped to start doing this and seeing the results, and changing lives like they are. And right after we talked with him and his assistants, we Skyped the head of proselyting for the Church. So he is the number one missionary for the entire church!! His name is Tracy Watson, and he was such a good teacher, oh my days haha. I learned a ton from him, and I got to ask some questions and stuff. It was sweet. After that, we had our Zone Training Meeting, and got to instruct the zone on what we had learned. This was the first time I had met the whole zone here in Huntsville, and I’m looking forward to getting to know them more. Good folk! Then I went on an exchange to Fort Payne, Alabama. Fun facts, that is where the Trail of Tears started, and the band "Alabama" is from there. And 1 out of every 9 socks used to be made there ... hahaha. It was a cool place, and I had the best pizza buffet of my life! Stevie B's!!! Good stuff right there. Then we came back on Saturday and baptized Juanita!! She was finally ready and we were able to help her out. Elder Yogoh baptized her and she seems very happy. We have also gotten a couple new investigators this week, and things have been going well for them. We have a brother and sister named Michael and Destiny, and a girl named Anna. So please pray for them! :) And tonight I’m going to be teaching a guy I found 1 year and 4 months ago!!! So hopefully some magic will happen :) It has been a great week, and I am still happy and healthy!
Thank you for your prayers, and I hope y’all are feeling mine as well. I'll send y’all some pics, and let me know what I can do for ya!!
Holler back at me!
Love, Elder cutie pie

No comments:

Post a Comment