Hey,
I’m falling apart over here mom!! Got the flu right now. I threw up
during sacrament meeting yesterday (in the bathroom, not the chapel) and have
been trying to sleep ever since. But I can’t because every nerve in my
body is sore. Like I thought I was getting waxed shaving my face this morning!
Hurts so bad. Oh and yeah, my teeth were hurting like crazy!!!!!!!!!! So guess what I get to do tomorrow??? I
get my wisdom teeth out haha. Turns out I need all 4 of ‘em out, but they will
only take the top two out on my mission because the bottom two are grown into
my jawbone and they'll have to break some of my jaw bone to get them out. My
bottom right one is fully developed horizontally. And the dentist said, “I’ll
take the other ones out, but I’m not even going to try to get that out”. Haha.
So I don’t know what’s up with Doc Wallace, but these teeth should have been
taken out when I was 17, he said. So I’m bummed haha. This week has been
painful in multiple ways. None of which I’m very excited about. But I did get
to cut down a 60 foot Cypress tree on Wednesday! That was really fun and they
gave us jalapeno burgers afterwards. Super good.
That was very nice of Elder Draper to give me a shoutout! I miss
that kid. He was funny for sure. I can’t believe it is already Christmas time!
And its dad’s birthday! Big five oh!!!! Y’all are getting old on me! And
goodness gracious, that sounds like a lot to do to get into school haha. Guess
we should start figuring it all out then.
That is good that your Christmas concert went well! I wish I could
have seen Isaac sing The Little Drummer Boy with Alton on the drums haha. That
would have been fun. And 1 o’clock sounds good for the Skype sesh. I'll make
sure it happens.
Also I got all the packages. Thank you very much. I was going to
handle the white shirts today, but I don’t feel good enough to be doing all of
that. I'll try to do it later. I can’t believe Kelsey has a baby! That is
crazy. Hudson is a pretty classy name, if you ask me. And you got to find out
how to spell his middle name and let me know. And I miss going to dances all
the time. I bet Jackie and Nicole had a blast. I don’t even know any of the
good songs out nowadays. I’m out of the loop haha. That is all that happened
this week though. I don’t know what else to say besides I want to go back to
bed. I don’t like being sick at all :( wahhh.
Thanks again for all the package love, and I’ll make sure I get
better ASAP.
Love you tons!
Elder Oppensickbutt
NOTE from Chip and Tracy: We spoke with Pres. Holzapfel today, and he has counseled with the dentist and the mission nurse (a retired Emergency Room nurse). They'll keep a close eye on the two remaining wisdom teeth. He asked how it was, being the parents of "the great Elder Oppenlander"! And if we ever thought we would send our son to Alabama, where he would have a companion from Kenya, Africa! He had many nice things to say about Elder Oppenlander and Elder Yugoh.
No comments:
Post a Comment