Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas is coming!


What’s poppin?
I am so tired right now. I just spent the last 7 hours taking all the Christmas decorations down at the stake center, loading them in a truck, and unloading the truck at some farm by the Tennessee river. So its bedtime up in here haha. I am wore out. I haven’t gotten any boxes yet... And the white shirts were too big for me. And I got two of the same orders from two stores. So did you buy 14 shirts or just 7 and they doubled the order?? I need to know so I wont have a guilty conscience. The El Dorado Christmas party sounds like a party for sure – Ugly Christmas Sweater Extravaganza. And I need to see a picture of the "prettiest" sweater that dad wore.
I didn’t know that Savannah was engaged???? She still hasn’t written me, so now I need to write her and find all this info out. What is her address? Poor lil PJ. That is going to be a bummer for him. But that is good that Savannah found someone she is happy with. :) And Becca isn’t together with her boyfriend anymore? I got the recorder, but the last I had heard was that they were back together. I guess not though haha. Well, whatever y’all Christmas plans are, I can probably Skype whenever. So what time would be best for y’all? I'll take care of things over on this end once I have that figured out. And yes, Pres. Holzapfel lets us apply to schools. Just call the office and talk to Sis. Dunbar and tell her what you want me to do, and she'll call me and tell me to get on it. The holiday luncheon was amazing, and Sister Gehrig totally threw me under the bus with that one. Pres. called her out and told her to come up and sing a German hymn and  she said “only if Elder Oppenlander sings with me, he knows German too.".....sike! I was like, yeah right, I have no idea what you’re talking about. But then I got forced to come up. I never back down from a challenge like that haha. It was pretty rough trying to pronounce some of the words and I never hit high notes, so that was a no biggie for me. It was fun though, Sister Holzapfel cooks some amazing food and it was good to hang out with the zone and President and Sister Holzapfel.
I have not been to Georgia or Tennessee yet. I have been very close to both, but I haven’t been there yet. I have been everywhere else, though haha. This week we traveled so much it was crazy. I saw Bro. Dean this week again, and he is doing a lot better. He was making Elder Yogoh laugh like crazy! The Christmas festival was this week as well. And mom ... you need to step up your stake choir game. Hunstville stake choir is no joke uh-mazing ... had 3 days worth of shows and it was powerful to the max. People were leaving crying and stuff. I sat at the front desk and gave people their tickets and greeted them. It was so fun! Got to see a lot of people I know and some young single adults from Birmingham and Tuscaloosa! It was cool seeing them. Other than that, I’m tired and I cant think of anything else exciting that happened this week.
Got a Christmas card from the Kingsbury’s and they would fit in here perfectly!! Protestant Jesus lovers haha:) they would seriously love it here. You should tell them they need to visit :) But yeah, everyone and their mom is telling me I’m about to go home soon. I’m like, what are you talking about? I still have at least 6 months! But time is going by faster and faster. I feel like it was just Monday a couple of days ago. So I need to keep on keeping on, and get all the work done that Heavenly Father has for me to do here. Can’t short change him ;) But yeah, and momma, I need you to do one thing for me! Look up what major I should do to get into a medical school. Everyone I have met says sciences are looked at the highest and anthropology is a good one to go for. That would be fun as well. So please let me know what I should apply for and all that good stuff. Gracias!! 
Love you oldies!
Elder Oppenlander 

No comments:

Post a Comment