Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


Hello!
Yes ma’am, it was fun talking to y’all on Christmas, and of course Elder Yogoh has a sweet accent....Kenya! Hello!!!  And how was the Christmas party with the fam after we skyped? Did Jackie and Becka show up to that? And did they like it? Just got our transfer call, and we will both be staying here another six weeks. So it will be companion number 2 that I have been with for 4 1/2 months. And John got his mission call to the same mission that Chris is in!! That will be cool for them to see each other. Lauren got sick for her vacation?? What’s up with that?
And I heard about The Hobbit this week! Is it pretty good or what? And why are they breaking everything up into trilogies? Whateva though, no big deal. And I have no idea what Les Miserable’s is. Didn’t y’all see a play called that a while ago? And oh, how I miss Kobe Steak House! But I got to eat at Ruth's Chris and Longhorn Steakhouse this week. So I got my steak on as well ;)
For Christmas I got 3 ties, a ton of candy I’m trying to give away, some do re mi, and Jackie got me some sweet stuff. Mostly I just liked hearing from people. I’m not too big on getting things, just like hearing about what is going on in the world. I haven’t gotten any garments yet! You sure the Alabama/California problem got handled?? Haha. And why is everyone in the Bangart fam sick right now? Geez laweez, y’all need some Jesus. I’ll be praying for them haha :) And I definitely told you what Paige got me. She got me a Michael Kors purple tie, and a sweet bracelet, but missionary rules are that I can’t wear bracelets, so I will be sending that one home.
And I’ll sign up to apply to the schools. I don’t know how to do that, and I don’t know which schools would have credits that are transferrable to BYU or other schools. So you could help me out and find out what school would be best for me to apply to. And you need to talk to Sister Dunbar and tell her to get me going on applying. She will help as well. But really, I just want to start school. As long as it’s not super far away, I’ll be good. So yeah, that’s my thoughts on that one.
And y’all never told me what you did for dad's b-day? So fill a brother in. This week has been a super good one for me out here in Alabama. Christmas went well, that was the night I ate at Ruth’s Chris and it was SUPER GOOD! Elder Yogoh pretty much fainted the first bite he took, it was so good. Bro Messervy in our bishopric took us out to eat. Then the next day we drove down to Birmingham for a zone leaders training. It was really cool! It was the first time I had done one of those. OH, AND on the way down it was snowing as we were driving. So of course I freaked out because I haven’t seen snow in a minute, and I have never driven in snow. It was a historical moment in the life of Elder Oppenlander. But it didn’t stick on the ground or anything, just floated around and melted once it landed. Then we had our meeting at the Birmingham Stake Center and it started amazingly.... Chipotle right off the bat ;) So good. And we got to learn a ton and watch some videos from Elder Nelson. Then we played a game of basketball -- all the zone leaders and assistants. My team won :) haha. It was only like 5 minutes long, but it was funny to see us all in our suits(my team) and white shirts (other team). President was trying to teach us how being organized and working together makes everything easier than just going for it. It was fun haha. After the meeting we went to Pres. Holzapfel’s house for some BBQ dinner and then went out on splits. I got to go see some of the people I knew in Birmingham and introduce the zone leaders there to them. It was freezing!!!! And we were able to see a few of them. Then we got to stay in a hotel that night!!! Residence Inn classy-ness! Elder Yogoh and I were loving it! Took a ton of pictures but I forgot my camera :/ and I slept on that HUGE king sized bed. I don’t like big beds haha. I always end up crooked on ‘em and all sprawled out and uncomfortable. I’m gonna sleep in a twin my whole life ;) hahaha Then we had a breakfast at the hotel the next morning and went back to the stake center for zone leaders council. We got our council on, and then went to President’s house again for lunch and finished the council there. It was a good 2 days worth of learning. And now we have to share it all with the zone in like 2 hours on Friday haha. Summarize it. And when we got home, it snowed for the next day and a half steadily. Never stayed on the ground though.
The rest of the week went great. Found out a member runs a bagel store in town, so I get free bagels whenever I want :) So I realized my favorite bagel is the jalapeno cheddar bagel...super good with that salmon cream cheese on it. We got so much food this week it’s kinda gross. But I have been working out like crazy to make up for it. So overall, it was a great week. I’m healthy and happy and excited for 2013 tomorrow. I need to think of some new years rezzy's to set for myself. Two years, no soda up in here!!!!!!! You can thank Jackie for that one haha. I need to figure out what else I can do to improve and become better. That is what life is all about. Progression and finding joy in the journey. I’m loving life and can’t wait for these next 4 transfers. Gotta learn as much as I can. I'll email the pictures next week, and I still have 30 minutes if you’re fast enough.
Love you "oodles" as Paige says haha. ;) 
Elder Oppenlander 

No comments:

Post a Comment