Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello Mississippi!

Mom and Dad!

OK, so new policy with the mail ... send it directly to me if you want me to get it anytime soon. The mission office can no longer forward it so any mail or packages sent there I'll get during transfers or big meetings...which aren’t very often hah. And Pres. Holzapfel keeps stressing to not have our parents post our address online anywhere! Blog, or facebook, or anything. You can email it or put it on the church bulletin but not online got it? Another good CD for you to get for me is called "Nearer". It’s made by the EFY dudes and it was way good. I had exchanges with the zone leaders last Wednesday so I was companions with Elder Bishop for a day. He had that CD and I loved it! He’s a way cool guy and we did an awesome job tracting that day. Found a lot of people and I learned a lot from him and that multi zone training. And yeah, the whole zone went to Huntsville besides my zone. We went to Birmingham because Pres. Porter, in the mission presidency, was driving the sisters and he was going to Birmingham. But yeah, that training Elder Clark did was freaking amazing!!! Like 5 hours long but sooo good! Got blasted with the spirit and gonna make me such a better missionary as I do what he told us to do.

About time Lauren is finally out of that apartment!! Man. I’m glad to hear the new one is nicer! My apartment is nice here! It was gross when I first showed up but I got it in tip top shape :) Two bedroom, two bathroom, air conditioning, laundry room, for just the two of us too! I love it. How was the dinner with the Urry's? Sounds like you guys had some fun. That’s funny about Seth! I was thinking about him the other day and I was like, I would just run into him out here knowing him. Probably at Wal-Mart too hahahah. Glad that my lil baby cousins are praying for me. It helps! And oh shoot, Dad got a smoker??? Gonna have to try that out asap when I get back. I still haven’t had any good BBQ since I’ve been here!!!!!!!!!! Its so lame but I’m busyyyy.

Estafan looks good. Hair stylist for sure haha. Glad to hear Uncle Rick and Gma are doing good. I got emails from both of them and Lauren but don’t have time to respond I don’t think. I only get 45 minutes at this library and that’s barely enough time to read my emails and write you back. They may get lucky but I doubt it. I’m not ignoring them, just rushed haha. One thing about vinyl sidings is that bugs get all in them. Here in the south everyone has them and everyone has thousands of wasps living underneath it hah. So make sure they get it all sealed up!

You saw the pics of us working at Christina’s house?? What pics did she post and what did she say? We haven’t gone over to teach her yet, her husband got home last Saturday so I’m expecting a call from her any day now inviting us over :) We spend a lot of time tracting and trying to find people to teach and right now there isn’t very many promising ones haha. We have a guy named Joe, an older couple named Ellen and Roger, and a bunch of potential investigators. We went tracting in the ghetto last week and we have an appointment with Vincent tonight on the corner of 26th street hahahah. That’s where we are going to meet him so hopefully he shows up!

I have not gotten the package and I’m pretty sure I know why now haha. Its probably sitting at the mission office, i'll probably get it Sept 7th when I go to the temple!!! :) I’m so excited for that. But yeah, do not send it to the mission office from now on! haha. The new ward here is way nice. Mostly pilots from the air force base right next door. So a lot of younger couples and older people who have lived here forever. We’ve gotten fed a couple of times but not a bunch or anything. There is a dinner calendar though, so food will be coming. Mississippi is way flatter than Alabama. Just as green just a lot more fields and creeks than Alabama’s trees and hills. I love it though, but it smells! Dead dogs everywhere from being hit by cars and I smell death like 50 percent of my bike ride. Its gross haha. And by the way, we've been riding bikes like crazy! Like 25 miles a day and we did 12 in a row the other day and Elder Holley almost passed out! He was getting all dizzy and it was way funny haha. Not really but I laugh at everything. Its sooo hot and we never have enough water. Most deff had heat exhaustion like 10 times this week. But I still love it:) haha And the weather has just been hot. No bad weather or even drops of rain. It’s getting pretty dry though and this morning was nice and cool when we went running! So all’s good in the natural disaster department. I’m getting along with Elder Holley a lot more now. I’ve really just gotten over it and focused on being a better companion. Pres. Holzapfel told me I was put with him to give him confidence and help him out. He said he needs a companion like me and introduced me to Elder Clark and said I’m already being an "asset” to the mission....I don’t know about that or why he thinks highly of me but I need to start acting like it. Just being a good example to Elder Holley and what not. So wish me luck and pray for me ok??

I love you guys and send me pics of the family!! I don’t have any!! It’s lame haha

Love you!!

Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment