What’s up Oppenlanders!
So crazy that Jeffy is back living it up in California...man! That’s crazy! But this transfer is already over too. Didn’t feel like 6 weeks. I just found out this morning that I’m getting transferred to a new area and a new companion! Kind of nervous but mostly just excited. 21 new missionaries are coming in and 2 new areas in the mission opened up. All but 8 missionaries are getting transferred. Biggest transfer in Pres. Holzapfel’s career! Should be so fun! Last Friday we went to new missionary training meeting and I got to see all my old MTC friends, it was so fun! Everyone looks so different and they all loving it. Elder Starley, one of my better friends, is in a branch in Selma, Alabama with 30 people and he’s the only white guy haha. Sounds like heaven to me! He loves it! I wonder where I’m going to go!!!!!
What’s up with everyone in our ward going to US missions and English speaking haha?? That’s cool that Forrest got his mission call and Eric is about to be out doing the work, that’s crazy. Everyone is growing up. You guys are going to be so old by the time I get home OMG.... that’s cool that Jackie and JT are coming over for dinner sometime. JT is still a loser though because I haven’t gotten a letter from him. Of course you got the "Chase’s Mom" discount. One of the amazing perks of having me for a son. Pretty much brag about it if you want, everyone knows you’re a lucky gal. haha and I’m sending a package home. I got Lauren something and there are 2 funny flyers the missionaries in Tuskegee made. It sounds retarded when you read it but its 100 % true. So let it sink in haha.
You’re going to dinner with Elder Urry's mom? Tell me how that goes that’s pretty cool. Is dad still in school or did that stuff fall through or what the heck happened? He was all proud of himself for doing homework then all of a sudden he wasn’t doing it anymore. I forgot why. So please explain haha. It’s definitely good to hear that people actually remember me back home. Just give it 6 months and no one will care anymore haha. Tell zac to yank those teeth out and get his interview on! He’s got to get out before JT does. ASAP!
MRS. FIELDSON!!!!! I want to see it! Just scan it and send it in an email! I kept wondering if i was ever going to get that haha. Mail her back and let her know what’s up with me and tell her I’m doing amazing. haha.
Why did you paint the fireplace?? haha I guess you got nothing to do though huh? haha Well that’s cool and did you get a puppy yet? Last Monday when I got my haircut, Sister H, who was the one cutting my hair had just gotten a brand new puppy, it was so cute!!!! Chihuahua and Mini Pincher mix. The only cute Chihuahua I’ve ever seen in my life. She cut all 4 of the missionaries’ hair and I was first so for the last three I napped on the couch with Tia. That was the puppies name ;) It was so cute and I missed having a puppy dog to relax with! So, yeah get one already shoot.
How was lunch with aunt Kris? Do they ask about me ever? Nick is going to be a senior and Connor has his license? What the freak; this family is getting old! It’s going to be weird to come home and Garret is probably going to be taller than me and Connor is going to be a big old sucker and Nick will still be all short haha.
That quote from Elder Oaks is a good'n! So true
Elder Lofthouse is a large. He will enjoy the Seal Beach shirt for sure. Just send it to the Benaroya address and he'll get it. I don’t now what my address is going to be yet or what time my church will be next week so just send stuff to the mission office.
For breakfast I usually eat cereal and toast, lunch is usually salami sandwich, clementines, and water from my camelback, dinner is usually food from members but most of the time I just don’t eat dinner, because I usually get home around 9:00 or 9:30 and I still have to plan and stuff. Lately, dinner has been amazing! Baked potato with pulled pork on top, cheese, sour cream, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce.....sooooo good. Just microwave the tater and we cooked a pork shoulder in a crock-pot a member gave us. sooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooood! I don’t eat much for dinner usually though. We’re going to Rosie’s today for lunch. It’s a Mexican place then Gibson’s BBQ for dinner. Got to go out big :) so yeah everything is going amazing over here.
Donald and Terri, our Brady bunch couple we're teaching. They have 8 kids, (3 hers, 4 his, 1 theirs), came to church this Sunday and Weatherly Ward did the best welcome we could have hoped for! It was ward conference so it was a little weird to them...actually way weird to them haha. But they loved church and the primary president invited them over to her house for dinner tonight and we're teaching them after. so they’re doing awesomely! So excited but bummed to leave them. It’s crazy how when you teach people you just naturally become close to them and love them. I was showing Donald around the building yesterday and he saw the basketball court and asked if I ever play. I said no we don’t have a ball haha. So as Elder Lofthouse and I are riding our bikes to our lessons yesterday, Donald and Terri pull up and give us cookies and they went and bought a basketball for us haha. Breaking the Sabbath for us but it’s all good. We haven’t taught them that yet ;) haha We also have another great investigator named Robert. He has 7 kids and they’re all crazy haha. He’s a golden investigator though and loves everything he’s heard so far. I’m so excited for him too. It’s going to suck to leave on Wednesday and not be able to teach them anymore but the Lord wants me somewhere else so I’m going to go and do work!!!
Oh I had my first legitimate migraine last Monday. We were at Donald’s house teaching and I was in agony just sitting there trying not to throw up haha. It was like an hour and a half long and I only said like 3 sentences. Got home, threw up, and went to bed without putting the freshly washed sheets on my bed haha. That was horrible but I was proud that I got out there and at least let Elder Lofthouse teach them and not just stay home and waste time. So its all good!
Just a lot of teaching and finding peeps to baptize. One funny thing. this ginger kid keeps popping up everywhere I go and showing off his airsoft gun and telling me how tough he is. One day I just called him over and said what’s up, what’s your name. he’s said Mitchell.....and so we got to talking and told him why I’m out here all dressed up haha. Just got to know him pretty much. Yesterday he sees us and rides over and says he feels like drop kicking someone.... I’m going to drop kick you...haha I said ok kick me then I got to go teach. So he kicks me I guess trying to beat me up but he’s like 10 so it doesn’t even hurt. He gets all mad when i don’t fall down crying so follows us around and continues to try to kick me and trip me I guess. I just talked to him the whole time. Just some little redneck kid trying to beat me up but not old enough too yet. Pretty funny haha.
Anyways i got to go! Love ya and pray I love my new area haha
Love, Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment