Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween!


Dearest familia,
   Yes ma’am, you better believe I had another great week out here in the dirty south. I have not received a mail-in ballot yet, but I will be on the lookout for one. So I guess call Lynda and let her know that I’m not registered twice, and I haven’t received a ballot yet.
I am so pumped for the Hawaii trip! It’s going to be a party. Also, I went on exchanges with the assistants this week, and Elder Starley worked with me. He was the one in the picture with me that Sis. Cozelos emailed you, and he came out with me and sat next to me on the plane ride to Alabama. So it was cool to talk and see what all has happened since then. And guess what? His family is going to Ko Olina in July!!! So y’all need to contact his mom and pop and see if they are going the same week we are. That would be double amazing!!! We talked about golfing at Ko Olina, too. And by the way, I have been craving to golf so bad lately, but now it is too cold to golf. So it looks like I'll have to wait until next spring to go. It is freezing up in herrrr. Yesterday I wore two sweaters, thermals, and gloves. I need a windbreaker and I haven’t gotten one yet. I don’t know where to get a good one haha. Good to hear that the g-parents are doing better. I have been praying for them and I really need to write them more than I do haha. I tend to have more time on preparation days here in Huntsville, so I should be able to do it soon. Your Dolby Theatre experience sounds bomb!!! I love drunk people so much. Especially as a missionary, because you don’t see that too often. But whenever you go to the projects or just out on a Friday night you get to see tons of people. I have the smell of a drunk person memorized ... if that makes sense. It smells sweeter than I would have thought, but its funny how they all smell the same. Plus, I have the smell of someone who has peed their pants memorized as well ... smells are a funny thing haha. Good times ;) I also love Halloween in Hollywood. I remember when I went with Savannah and Addy that one year, and it was exactly like how you described it haha. People are really weird, but awesome. I have determined that my favorite hobby is most likely people watching. Can’t go wrong with that.
And send me the picture that Sister Cozelos sent you! That was the same day I was on exchanges and saw the beautiful suit. And that’s Elder Starley. We went over there to get to meet her, and she said she needed to take pics with her new camera ... aka, she thought we looked good ;) haha. So we did that, and the ward Halloween party was Saturday night and it was fun. We did trunk or treating and one trunk was making s’mores in the bed of his truck!! Best idea ever! It was freezing that night too and I got some candy. Our investigator Juanita came, and she brought her two little grandkids. They are awesome. Chance and Chris. Chance pretty much wants to be me. He loves me haha. And Chris is deaf, so I holler at him in sign language. It was really fun, and the kids knew a ton of people there from school and stuff, so it wasn’t that big of a deal that they were the only blacks there besides Elder Yogoh. It’s crazy to be in an all white ward haha. I’m not used to that. But they loved it, and all 3 came to church yesterday too. It was the primary program, so the kids got to watch all the other kids sing and stuff. Chance has a crush on one of the girls from school and it was so funny to watch him. And Chris loved it when they did a song in sign language!! It was perfect. And that was my week.
And I finally got to see egg beater Jesus.....wait for the picture of that one. There’s a really cool mural on the First Baptist Church of Huntsville. By the way, the Jesus is all made out of 1/4 inch tiles. Dedication to the game right there. And I love the alpha and omega on his chest. PRAISE THE LORD.
Please pray for Juanita and her grandkids, and pray for us to find some more people to teach. We are slowly but surely getting the hang of this thang. I hope y’all have a great week as well and enjoy the California heat for me ... cold is the worst.
Love you too good!
Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment