Oppenlanders!!
Too much good news in this
email!!!! Hahaha. I was giggling like a little girl and showing Elder Yogoh all
the pictures of Connor and Garret and stuff. 504 plan is the best! Is that
priority registration for my life or just for the first year? Go migraines!!
Know what I mean??! I emailed Mrs. Wornell and told her to let you pick up the
stuff you need.
Best quote I have gotten out of the Ensign in a
while will be good for you guys. It talks about the last sentence in Doctrine
& Covenants 38:30 which says, "and if you are prepared, you shall not
fear" something like that. And what President Eyring said was, "God
has been preparing you your whole life...so be yourself." that is the best
advice I can give you haha. Just be yourself --- but your best self. It will
all work out if you are doing your best. Nothing but a thang.
And the Kingsbury's run Bakersfield, it sounds
like! I can’t believe they picked those goobers to be homecoming prince and
king. I guess some of my good looks must have rubbed off on them ;) haha
Seriously though, that is awesome. And I’m so pumped to have the whole family
in Hawaii with us! We got to get Jackie to come, too! Hello! Haha But I will
let y’all handle that one.
And yeah, I can’t believe how close
Christmas already is! And for g's I need some medium tall mesh tops, and medium
tall drilux. For bottoms, I think I’m going to switch it up. Get me some of
those 50/50 cotton briefs. I'll try those out. And the ones I have are the
small 28 inch waisters. I'll probably get the next size up though. They are
small haha. So get the 30 to 32 ones. For white shirts, I still need 16 and a
half in neck. Or 17, it doesn’t matter. And I need 2 long-sleeves, then the
rest short sleeve. :) And I’m probably better off just going and getting the
pants here. The styles and all that are always different so I’ll just go thrift
store shopping or something like that. No big deal. So thank you for being
willing to help a brother out!
And I thought y’all would like that GPS story.
Sometimes I just get used to seeing miracles like that down here, but I need to
get better at telling y’all about them. Boost y’alls faith a little bit. :)
And yeah, Elder Yogoh’s letter to Jackie,
asking her to put in a good word for him to Becka was pretty funny. I read that
thing before he sent it and it got me laughing. Talking about how he is dark
chocolate unless he is out of the sun for a while then he is just regular
chocolate haha. He is super black though. Dark wise. He has this picture and
all you can see is his outline hahah. I love it. And I hope Becka writes him
back, that would be hilarious! And other than all the good news from y’all, I
am doing good. My week has been a lot of getting to know members and meeting
part-member families, and teaching some former investigators. We have one named
Juanita, who will probably be getting baptized this next Saturday. She has been
taught for a while and has had a baptismal interview, but needs to be re-taught
some things that she wasn’t too familiar with. I have also gotten really close
with members of the ward already. I just feel comfortable around them. It is a
very good ward. We still need to find some solid investigators of our own,
though. But we are on it :)
It is getting cold again over here, and I forgot
how much I dislike the cold. Especially the cold here! Pretty much no point
wearing a sweater because the humidity goes right through and you freeze right
quick! So I’m gonna get me a windbreaker, because that is the only thing that
will help. It has been a good week, and I’m looking forward to this upcoming
week. Going on exchanges with the Assistants, and I also think we are moving
into another apartment in the complex here. Not too sure yet, though. :) We
will have to wait and see. I still have 25 minutes on here, so y’all can talk
to me if you want.
Love y’all and I'll be praying for y’all for
sure.
Peace out,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment