Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting transferred!


Poopenlanders,
General Conference was amazing! I took so many notes, and Elder Eyring’s talk Sunday morning and Elder Holland’s talks were my favorite. I love Elder Holland so much!!! Oh em gee, he always gets me excited. And the age change for missionaries was crazy! Guys going at 18 instead of 19, and girls at 19 instead of 21 … I just kept thinking about who could now go on a mission, and BYU is probably going to have an all-girl freshman class! Haha, but that is awesome that the Missionary Training Centers are going to expand, and we are going to get way more missionaries. The end must be coming with all of this ‘calling to arms’. And by the way, all the returned missionaries are going to be 20 haha. And I’m sure they will still all get married right when they get home. How crazy is that!? And yeah, I cannot believe that I only have one General Conference left on my mission ... crazy.
And sounds like Lauren had an exciting week last week hahaha. Poor little girl! Paramedics, firemen and then the police! But that will be good for her to come home and enjoy some time in California with family. How did Garret get with this hockey ambassador team? Did he sign up? Or did they recruit him or something? Sounds like it’s going to make them even more busy than they already are. You are so lucky to get to hang with Jackie, mom. I never get to! And Ruby's at the end of the pier sounds good as well. Thank you so much for the package! I love it and Elder Ojelade and I almost ate all of the candy already. I still have all the gum and the rest of the stuff though. I'll have to find a way to hand all of those stickers out for sure. Thank you again for showing me some love.
And y’all went to Taco Tuesday at Rubio’s or what? I still do not like that place. They don’t even have it out here in Alabama, and I am grateful for that. And that is good to hear that Eric is doing better. What has he been up to? And have you heard anything else from Zac lately?
You saw my talent show performance on YouTube???? Oh no ... They deff still talk about it over here and I have yet to see it. I’m going to have to see it before I leave this Wednesday. I’m out of here after 6 months. So that must be my limit for staying in one area! Tuscaloosa for six months, then here for six. I can’t believe in the last year I have only been in two areas. I have no idea where I am going, they just told me I will have a new area and a new companion.
And the assistants are still in our ward? I thought they would have moved them around or something? And y’all got sister missionaries, too? Tell Jackie to go on team-ups with the sisters!!!!! Get some missionary opportunities.
And you can go ahead and send me an absentee ballot. Just tell me what to do because I have no idea. And Tyler and Allison are having another kid!! Alright!! That is super exciting. And no way that they will have two more kids before I get home. Logan is probably going to be a lot bigger than I remember as well.
I think I answered all of your questions ... now its my turn. This week was great! I was on exchanges from Monday till Friday morning. On Tuesday I was with Elder Thurston, and we met a girl from Seal Beach!!!! It was crazy! She was talking about fishing in Florida this past weekend, and I told her how much I missed the ocean so she asked where I was from. I said "California" she said "what part?" I said "Orange County", she said "what part?" I said "Seal Beach" and she freaked out! And said "I’m from Seal Beach!!!" so I said "what neighborhood did you live in??" and she said "College Park East", so I started freaking out and said "what street????!!!!" and she said "Candleberry!" How crazy is that!!!! So I got to teach someone from my home town. She wants me to ask Dad, Bill and Suzy if they know any McGuiness’s. If you do, that would be crazy. She said she graduated like ’87, but she had 2 older siblings who y’all might know. Needless to say, I was in a daze and happy the rest of the day. Then on Wednesday, we did our zone training meeting and got to see the whole zone, and did a really good job training them and they loved it. Right after that, I went out to Locust Fork with Elder Olson. It was so fun out there in the country!! I seriously love it! Just biking through all these old towns and meeting some classy old people. We taught a lot of good lessons and helped the branch move stuff out of the church building. They are expanding it and will be having their services in a day care building for the next 8 months or so. But Locust Fork caught my heart, I was wearing overalls helping a member dig a hole in his yard to fix his sprinklers, and I love how quiet and beautiful it is out there. I think my dream when I retire is to get a house on a private pond and just chill on my porch :) haha no joke, it is too beautiful out in the country. I love it! Then I came back to Cahaba Heights and we spent a lot of time working with members and watching General Conference. We tried to watch it in a member’s house, but it was rough and hard to concentrate so we stayed at the church for the remaining sessions. But I cannot believe how fast the sessions go by, I am sad that it is already over ;(  But I will have to look forward to next year!! I’m sure it will be here before I know it. So it has been a good week for sure.
Please pray for Regina! She is having a real rough time and needs all the prayers she can get. Also pray for Jane to keep progressing. She has a baptismal date for the 24th of October, so I hope that it will go through. But I am leaving Wednesday, so I have to leave it in Elder Ojelade’s hands and write all my recent converts here. And were y’all able to find out anything about the line of authority card? I would like to give that to Jackson before I leave. But if not, I at least want to mail it to him. So please try to help me out with that. I got some pics for y’all, so I’ll send ‘em. And you still have 30 minutes to respond if you want to, or have any questions. I love y’all and I hope y’all have a great week. 
Love,
Elder cutie pie

No comments:

Post a Comment