Good morning!
Just got back from driving around with Elder and Sister May looking for an apartment in Cahaba....that should answer your question about the apartment haha. Driving to and from our area everyday is a pain in the cheeks. I feel like we waste a lot of time. We get there late, and leave early so I'm not a very happy camper. But other than the driving, I'm happy as could be.
Jane is doing well, and we had another great lesson with her this week. Taught her the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. She is well on her way to getting baptized this Saturday. We hope she is praying a lot!! Because that is how she is going to be prepared for and have a testimony of it. She came to church again and loves it. So Elder Ojelade and I have high hopes for her. She is our only real investigator right now, and that is weird to say. I'm used to having like 20 peeps and struggling to juggle them all at once. So we have been seeing a lot of members and tracting door to door to find people to teach. But it doesnt help that our area is like 78 percent millionaires haha. Or at least that is what it seems like. A lot of comfortable people who don't want to talk to some poor missionaries. But it makes it that much more exciting! I love it.
That is cool that you were able to see Kevin and his wife. Ask him where all he served in Alabama! I want to know if I have served anywhere he has. And when did Aunt Wanda move back up to Ketchum? Is she liking it there and can I have her Ford Bronco? Ask her haha. And at Zone Leaders Council we found out that we will be going to the temple more often. So we will be going the 19th of this month! I'm super excited about that. I thought I wasn't going to be able to go again on my mission. But I am!!!!! Pumped...and Jackie is still doing good cutting hair huh? That is bueno to hear! I hope she starts making the big bucks and loves it. I still feel way behind everyone in career and school, I got a long way ahead of me haha. And its weird that Becka has a boyfriend! Haha she will probably be married in like 2 months. No need wasting time haha. ;) It was cool to hear her on the recorder! I love that thing so much it's not even funny. It was good to hear Elder Holley too haha. I miss that kid!
Dad caught a seagull and a coot out deep sea fishing?? How did he do that?? I deff was not taking over the meeting at zone leaders council....Elder del Francia was! i love him! He said his family moved to Santa Ana and we are going to for sure hang after the mission. He is a cool guy. But yeah, my week has been good. I baptized Otis yesterday! It was cool to see him change! I forgot my picture sender thingy to plug into the computer. At the old library I went to, I just plugged my memory card into the iMac. But here at this public library,I need that targus thing y'all sent me. So I will send pics next week or something. I also took some good pics of a tiny lizard I caught in Talladega on Thursday hahah.
I went on exchanges with Elder Miller, one of my old companions from West Point, so that was cool. We did a lot of good work and he is training right now. Spent 2 days with him there and I like it. It is really quiet and you can bike everywhere, no biggie. We are also going on exchanges with the assistants today, that will be fun and I can't wait to learn some more from them. I don't know what else to say, I didn't eat anything crazy this week, almost got ran over a couple of times though: Elder Ojelade almost ran into a couple of people driving and he still can't sleep haha. I'm going to slip some Benadryl in his dinner tonight ;) He will thank me later. Thanks for writing and letting me know what's going on back home! It's always good to hear from y'all. I hope y'all have a good week and stay safe!
Love ya,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment