Sup momma!? I’m feeling great :) I think my allergies just kicked in or something because I only had a stuffy nose. Nothing more. But now Elder Miller has a stuffy and runny nose, and is coughing... I don’t want to get sick haha. I was fine with food haha. I get fed a lot down here and we have ramen noodles and stuff. Plus I love nutella now after having to eat it a lot. I’m excited to get those recipes and stuff :) haha It has to be super cheap though. Like really cheap. Elder Miller and I share a lot of our food but mostly I just end up eating all of his leftovers haha. Smoked chicken and turkey sounds too good! How come Jackie isn’t feeling well? Too tired to come over or sick? Hope she gets better! Can’t have people in beautiful California getting sick!
Yes, I sent Gma’s check back because there is no Wells Fargo and every other bank around here charges like 5 bucks to cash it if you aren’t a member. So I didn’t want to pay 5 bucks for a 20 buck check haha. And I just sent the watch back because 1. I don’t want to be robbed for it...2. I don’t want to break it, crashing on my bike or something dumb. And 3. I got the g-shock for now and its cute hahah. MBA class was cancelled?? Lameeeee - that stinks. What do y’all do all week? Just relax and eat smoked food or what? You had a migraine for 4 days? Geez mom, you’re worse than I am nowadays haha. I haven’t had a migraine in 3 months :) Just a little headache here and there and Advil or the blue pill kills it before it gets to a migraine. Good job Dad giving you a blessing though! I’ve been giving them a lot more than I thought here on my mission. When I was in Columbus I gave one to a mom and her daughter at the hospital and now she’s in my branch here! When I met her here, we just kept low-key staring at each other because we recognized each other and I couldn’t pick out from where. Then we went over to her house for dinner and I finally remembered! So that was cool and we talked about that for a little bit.
And I don’t know what’s up but 99% of the southern population "knows" me haha. No joke, I went out in the woods the other day and we talked to this redneck lady who kept telling me how she knows me and asked if I go to church behind the Piggly Wiggly in Aberdeen, Mississippi. I told her no and I haven’t been within 20 miles of Aberdeen until that day. But she was convinced she knew me haha. Then later that day we went to see this member named Deatra and she’s awesome. She is burned from head to toe and has no eyelids! The whole time she was talking to us tears were just pouring out of her eyes, I guess because they are all irritated from being dry. Made my eyes get all itchy just typing it haha. But I guess her husband or ex-husband burned her. I think it was in a meth fire but I won’t say for sure. But yeah, we were talking to her about her grandkids and how they were born addicted to meth and how she’s raising them now and their dad is trying to kidnap them and take them to Mexico haha. It was a crazy conversation and right when we went to leave she shakes my hand and says "remind me where I know you from again?" I was like, oh shooot not another one haha. But she’s convinced she knows me as well. It’s weird that this hasn’t happened until my mission. Everywhere I go people either say they know me or that I look like someone haha. Either I just have one of those faces, or the Lord has just prepared the people to see my cute face :) I just have it in my head that its better for them to "recognize" me and be comfortable around me than be sketched out by me. Whatever, I just think its weird that it just started on my mission.
But yeah, back to responding to your email haha. I should have just given Earl to Lauren R. haha. Her mom would have gotten over it just like you did :) I am very glad I’m still not forgotten :)) I’m so excited to get that Christmas package! Load her up but not with candy haha. I don’t want to get fat. I already gained like 10 pounds and grew like an inch. All my pants are too short now. But my waist is still the same size. I think my leg muscles just got bigger and fat is spread all around my body :) I don’t look mo fat but I weigh like 194 now? I don’t know if I’m just manning up and filling out. But I think I’ve grown taller too. Whatever. Good job getting your flu shots....still haven’t gotten mine haha. I don’t want to pay 27 bucks for that. And the part I got at the bike shop was the quick release rod for my front tire. I stripped it putting it on too tight and it kept loosening and my front wheel almost fell off a couple of times. It was only 8 dollars though so no biggie. I have not written Sister Reynolds back yet. I will today though! And I have eaten soooo much candy lately I hate myself. Or dislike myself. I share it all though so I don’t have to carry the full burden of finishing it all and not wasting it. Are you excited for the Halloween party?? I’m excited for ours!! It’s this Friday at 5 and we have a baptism at 4:15! This girl named Erica. Elder miller is baptizing her and I’m confirming her :) so I’m excited/nervous of that. And I have to give a talk at church next Sunday. But no biggie. We only taught Erica like once or twice. Mostly the sister missionaries have. That’s awesome that the missionaries are going to be over for Christmas Eve! They are going to love it no doubt! Just get them socks or something haha. Candy? I don’t know what they would like. They love whatever you get them I’m sure.
And yes we still are teaching the deaf lady, her name is Gwinette, we taught her last night. I pretty much just stand there and "listen" in to Elder Miller and her conversation. I’m not too confident in talking since I haven’t really had a conversation yet. But I said the prayer and I got her to pray for the first time!!!! Elders Miller and Clanton had been trying to do that forever and she finally did last night. I love sign language! I want to get way good at it and keep it up. It’s fun haha. The new branch is awesome. Priesthood meeting is my favorite! Got the branch presidency, us missionaries, and the 3 elders all in one room just talking it up. 22 people showed up to sacrament and hopefully more will come next week. We are finding people to teach and they are only a little crazy. Its ok though because God loves them too haha. That big ole war machine Charles fed us some bomb spaghetti the other night and we had a good lesson about the Book of Mormon. He asks a lot of good questions. We're seeing him tonight and going to try to drop a baptismal date on him. That’s about all that’s happened over here. I have interviews with president at the church today at 4:30. So I'll get to see Elder Clanton and Holley and the president. I’m way excited for that. And it seriously got freezing this week. Not freezing but cold hah. And our heater in our house broke so we were waking up in the morning so cold and seeing our breath inside our apartment. I got so lazy just studying in my bed and not exercising. We got the space heater fixed though so now I’m back to my good old self. Still cold in the morning, but its not freezing anymore. That’s all I got to say for now. Read this quick and respond if you can. I got 20 minutes left :o
Love you!! Peace out
Elder oppenlander aka coolest oppenlander ever
No comments:
Post a Comment