Monday, October 3, 2011

It's October!










Happy Fall Y'all!!

Haha I saw "Happy Fall Y'all" on a door we tracted yesterday and I loved it! But shoot, Zac got his mission call!!! It’s about time :) I’m glad to hear that he’s excited and he and JT will be in the MTC at the same time. Gonna be cold! Suckers. Richmond Virginia will be awesome! That’s so cool! I was hoping for Alabama but its all good. Have fun in the temple with him, and when is he gonna go through? My new place is the crappiest apartment ever haha. It's all good though. Yeah, Elder Clanton and I seriously just switched companions. We packed the whole car up to the brim, drove to Birmingham, got back in the car, drove back and unpacked hahaha. It was so lame but funny. It's cool because I love this district! I’ll send some pics because I finally get an hour to email again. Elder Miller is from Arizona. The ward is way small and we have the Starkville Sister Missionaries in our ward as well. West point is a tiny little town with like 3 members in it haha. We usually run out of stuff to do at 7:00 and just wander around town hoping to run into someone and teach them. Its not as ghetto as Columbus and President Holzapfel just opened the area a little while ago, so we got some work to do.

That’s cool that Jackie and her parents came over for conference! I loved conference! First time in my life where I saw all the sessions and it blew by! Usually it feels like an eternity but I seriously took like 12 pages of notes and was way into it. :) I wish I could watch some more of it but I will in six months and the Ensign next month will be cool. I loved all the talks and I’ll have to read my notes again to see which one was my favorite. It was good though. Elder Miller and I were surprised that the first 4 prayers didn’t give any love to the missionaries! Then they started to step it up and bless us so it was all good haha. Those pictures that Elder Holley sent are so lame haha. I was like why are you sending those? I look like a downey on a bike and stuff but whateva. Oh! And I just buzzed my head this morning because my hair was getting way long and I have such a fat circle head!! haha man its embarrassing but just like I’ve always said I’m not here to look good haha. We went to the church to watch general conference and had a pie social for the priesthood meeting and a potluck in between sessions yesterday. So I ate a lot :) A kid in the ward said "you need to cut your hair!!" so I woke up this morning and did. It’s a little sketchy but its ok.

I do love my new area. We met this awesome family: a doctor and his wife with 2 little kids. They have fed us twice already and they did our laundry yesterday, which was weird. Elder Miller and I were like, our investigators are doing our laundry haha. We have to use a Laundromat here. We didn’t let her do our garments though, so I’ll be at the Laundromat later today. They are cool though. They practice all the Jewish feasts, like day of trumpets and stuff, but other than that they are pretty much Mormon! They just don’t know it yet. Also, I had an awesome lesson with this guy named Sammy. He kept saying, I have this great feeling in my chest right now. And saying, oh it feels good when you talk about the Book of Mormon haha. It was a cool experience and I hope he goes somewhere. Also met this guy named Patrick who is about to get married and move to Queen Creek, Arizona. So I’ll have to have Zac do some early missionary work and get him to church and baptized haha. I’m teaching him today and I already let him know I have friends out there. So he'll be expecting someone to talk to him :) West Point one of the top 100 towns in America?.....didn’t know that haha. That’s cool about the music cabinet though. GGma’s dad knows how to make good stuff I guess. And Los Al lost? Man, can’t be doing that. You already got the house all decorated for Halloween?? Come on, its only the third hahah. And what? Jackie doesn’t remember the decorations from last year? How could she? Those things are up for like 4 months haha. But yeah, she was probably just distracted ;)

Lauren graduates in April!!!?? What the heck, she’s gonna be graduated from college already!! Man, life is gonna come at her fast haha. That’s awesome though, I’m sure she'll do great at the internship and get a job ASAP. And from now on just keep sending mail to me even when I get transferred. I just go to the post office and do a change of address form and all my mail gets forwarded to me. So don’t quit sending it!

But yeah, that’s pretty much all that’s going on around here besides it getting cold and me freezing! I’m going to Wal-Mart and buying sweaters today and I want you to send me my camo deer skin gloves and a pair of sweats. Like my light grey ones. Jackie might have them though. But I need cold gear. And thermals! Just bottoms though. No joke, its getting cold haha. Not too excited about that, but I need to be prepared like the boy scout I am. :)

But yeah, I’m still loving the mission and I’m gonna be on for another 25 minutes uploading pics, so if you are fast enough you can talk to me!

Love you!

Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment