Monday, March 4, 2013

March Madness


Whatchu know good?!
Check out that sweet saying I heard this week!!! Supposed to be "what do you know that is good?" aka “what’s going on”?! Gotta love the southern lingo! Things are going well out here in the dirty south. It has been freezing here lately and I thought I was going to die. But today it is about 65 and sunny, so I am happy.
I can’t believe y’all took the palm trees out! It must look super different nowadays! That’s crazy. And what does it mean that Lauren’s movie is up for an Emmy? Is that a super big deal or just a lil big deal?? How is Eric H? I actually was thinking about him this week! Sounds like y’all had a great week and were able to have some fun with the Young Single Adults. I have never heard of that Sardine game before, but who needs that when you have Dodge ball! By the way, our zone activity was epic! We ordered pizza, played some mean Dodge ball and then some basketball. It was fun to have the zone together doing something. No one had any bad injuries, either. So it was great! I was sore for like 4 days though. Haven’t thrown anything full speed in a while haha. But it’s alright. We are having a big transfer this month as well. We are getting around 30 new missionaries also, but 22 of them are sisters. So the ladies are about to start flowing in. The zones are going to start getting pretty big.
And I can’t believe that Elder Rock met Becka and they "are hanging out" hahaha. He was the assistant here forever. Then he was zone leader in Huntsville right before I was. That is a pretty small world moment. Becka should have him sing for her! President would always call him out to sing something haha. But yeah, I don’t know about the whole Salt Lake thing haha. If I’m going to a community college, I’m going to stay in California. But we'll see. Maybe my mind will change :)
My week was good, but a little different. I went on exchanges in Locust Fork with Elder Jarvis. Elder Ingersoll trained him, and it was super fun. I love the little country areas like that. It is totally different from the city. And I got myself in a little trouble! I raced these two kids for fun, and I totally beat them. Then I got cocky and said "I bet I could beat you backwards!" haha. So we raced backwards and I beat them, but they kept saying we should race again. So we did, and my backpack got me off balance and I totally fell down going full speed! Hahaha it was so funny! Elder Jarvis was busting up and so was I ... but I was worried that I ripped my backpack. And I did ... so I bought some "tenacious tape" at an outdoors store today and hopefully, that will repair it. What a shame. Pride got the best of me right there. :) Then we ended our exchange and I left all my pillows, sheets, and blankets at their apartment, so I have been using my onesie pajamas for a pillow the last 4 days. That threw my groove off a little bit. And mostly we have been finding people to teach this week and doing everything we can to get some new investigators. We also had Zone Leaders Council and we got to talk to Elder nNash of the 70. And then Elder Bednar's devotional last night was great. So this last two weeks has been full of General Authority action and I love it. I have seriously learned so much its not even funny. That’s about all that has happened this week. I am still healthy and happy and loving being a missionary. Glad to hear that all is well back home. Enjoy your lunch with Jackie, you lucky duck! 
Have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment