Take the black lab puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on!!!! I can’t come home to no puppy haha. But sounds like y’all had a good time hanging with the family this week. And Garret is a hockey star! Shoot, he is going to be famous after getting out there on the ice with the Kings and showing everyone how to do it. That is pretty cool. I’m bummed I'll be missing that, too! And I’m going to miss Connor’s graduation party! Just by a hair though. And didn’t Uncle Bill and Aunt Suzy go to San Luis Obispo? I’m pretty sure they did. That is sweet! I can’t believe that all my lil baby cousins are growing up and ahead of me in school haha.
What does it mean that your 3 investigators are in a "holding pattern"? Does that mean that they aren’t progressing? That’s what I’m guessing from the context of the rest of the letter haha. Just keep working with them! Don’t give up! And the‘fathers and guns’ campout sounds sweet!!!!! And yeah, it’s a good idea to keep the girls away from that one. I’m glad that y’all had a good Sacrament meeting yesterday. I do not know Elder Solomona though, but I had to speak in Sacrament yesterday also about following the prophet. It was good and everyone said I did well! Glad I have the ability to wing talks like it’s nothing haha. It’s been a blessing. But really it was fun, and I had a good time looking for scriptures I could share. I am learning so much in the scriptures lately its not even funny! Becoming a theologian haha. I think that’s how you spell it...but don’t hold me to that. And for your talk next week on loving the Lord: John 14:15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments”. If you love God, you will do what he says. Nuff said.
Good job rocking the Psalmfest!!!! Way to show those Christians how real Christians sing hahaha. And who all wanted to sing with y’all for the Christmas concert? Just random people or what?
Becka is already on spring break?? Wow! I think all the kids around here start next week. Everyone except the missionaries! We never get a break and I love it. There is no need for a break, really. How is Rachel doing by the way? I haven’t heard about her in a while now? Is she still up at school? That road trip sounds like it will be really fun and might be a little dramatic on the way home hahahaha. ;)
The baptism pic was Logan and Emily. They are a part-member family we baptized the weekend I got here. Taught them the word of wisdom and that’s it haha. And I look like a super creeper in that picture of their baptism haha. I was laughing super hard. And Elder Jensen loves how stinky I am. And I have no idea what it is that is doing it to me! But he has been just as bad, so it’s not just me. :) I can’t tell you what’s doing it, but most missionaries I know have horrible digestive problems haha. So maybe it’s just a part of the mission.
As for what I did this week, we biked a ton! We biked all over the place and I was in heaven! It started warming back up and got about 74 degrees yesterday! We started doing service in the botanical gardens, met some awesome people! I think we will work in the gardens pretty regularly! Gonna be fun! Get the puppy!!!!!
And I emailed Becka back about Elder Rock already. As of this last week, we can email anyone we want and we have no more time limit on the computer. Obviously, I won’t be emailing all day, but I thought I would let y’all know. I think we’re getting extra time to keep up with all the recent converts, priesthood leaders in the wards we serve, and friends. I don’t know why? Maybe because of all the new missionaries coming?? But we had to tell the zone during our zone training meeting, and some missionaries were freaking out haha. Answered some people’s prayers this week. We answered this one lady’s prayers big time. She is a medical student, and is doing her rotations, and is working with terminally ill people. On Friday she was driving home crying and praying to God asking him why all of these bad things happen and she was praying for comfort. And then like 5 minutes after she got home, we knocked on her door and left a blessing with her. She kept saying, "this is so cool" and she told us how she was just praying for help and she felt as though God had sent us to her. I told her that he HAD sent us to her, and we left a Plan of Salvation pamphlet with her to read. It was a lot more than that, but I don’t want to ruin the story by trying to tell you too much over email haha. It was awesome though! It has been a pretty busy week and my body has been taking a hit haha. We are still having a pretty rough time finding new investigators. We find plenty of people everyday, but they are either just being nice and not interested, or we can never see them again. So I would appreciate y’all’s prayers about that. But really, I just have to work harder and do more to find the people who the Lord is preparing. And are y’all following along with us on the Book of Mormon reading?? We have been in some sweet chapters lately!! I’m diggin’ it! I love the gospel so much! It can help with any problem and prepare you for anything! I love it. I hope y’all are enjoying all of the opportunities y’all have to share the gospel and learn more about it. Have a good week and email me if you have any questions! I still got a lot of time on here.
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment