Good morning!
My week has been great out here! Got to do a lot of service and met a ton of cool new people. And I found out that I will be leaving Birmingham on Wednesday! I have no idea where I’m going!! Hopefully, somewhere sweet! I can’t believe that this transfer is already over! Sad to say goodbye! Tell Sis. Reynolds I got the package and I loved it! I thought that I had written her back? I guess I didn’t! Anyways, tell her I loved everything she sent, and Elder Yogoh appreciated it as well. We had a great time with it!
Is Paige still dating that one kid that came with us to BJ’s? And they are opening a pit bull rescue??? Haha I wonder why that is their plan. But I will for sure take a dog from them :) By the way, did you take that black lab yet?? If not, get on it!!! How did Becka and Jackie like Schooner or Later? I ran into some people in Huntsville who actually knew about that place! I think I might have told you that, but still, that’s pretty crazy! I miss the water so bad. Goodness gracious.
That is also good that you heard from Zac! Tell him to step it up and be a firefighter! That is sweet! Jackson got his mission call to Australia??? What the heck? How old is he???
What do you mean that your talk at church went "ok"? I’m sure it went great! And I wish I could have heard about Larry Johnson’s trip to Israel! Sounds like it would have been interesting for sure. And I can totally picture Pres. Holzapfel rushing to class and doing that. It’s ok, I’m sure he rocked the seminary class.
And what do you mean Mimi's house is cinnamon? Did she paint it red?????
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it! Like I said in the letter, I really do want y’’alls support and guidance. I understand the need to prepare! That’s what we do as missionaries everyday, and I know that I will for sure need to prepare for the rest of my life. And hopefully, I can show to y’all that I am ready, and that I am thinking about the long term, and not just worried about getting married and being happy now. I know that I will be blessed for keeping an eternal perspective, and that part of that is doing all I can in the moment. But no matter what happens, I know that we will be all right as we put our trust in God and ask for his help. I love being able to trust the Lord haha. Probably the biggest thing I have learned on my mission. Gotta love that!
Thanks again, Mom and Dad. I really do appreciate it!
And I’m glad you loved the letter! Email me back ASAP.
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment