Good morning!
That was very nice of Sister Agee to send y’all
that e-mail. I’m surprised she remembered me! That was like 3 months ago. And
yeah, her daughter Lauren loved me haha. Logan sounds horrible.... So cold! I
wouldn’t like to be a missionary there right now, that is for sure. Gma B
sounds like she is struggling big time. What address should I write the letter
to? And are you sure we don’t need a dog yet? I love dogs haha. I'll get you
one when I get home ;)
Dad had the week off? Lucky duck, and he got
his hair cut by Jackie? How is she doing? I haven’t heard from her since
Christmas, so when you see her, tell her to write me! Haha. I still haven’t
gotten my garments. I got the fruit basket from Grandma O, and the pears and
apples were soooooo goood! I was in heaven! I haven’t been able to return the
white shirts yet, either. I need the full credit card number and the expiration
date. If I have that, I will be able to return it today so please email me back
right now if you can, with that information. This week has been great, of
course. Never have a bad week out on a mission. We had our transfer meeting,
and Elder Ingersoll is training again! It’s like the 4th missionary he has
trained! Atta boy. I also saw most of the missionaries I came out with, so that
was fun. I stopped by and saw a couple of the people I had been working with in
Birmingham, and they were doing great. Then on Friday we had a Zone Training
Meeting at the Stake Center. It went smoothly, and I still love being a zone
leader and getting to know all of these different missionaries. Everyone is so
different and even though we are in the same mission, we each have had totally
different experiences.
I got a cold this week and it hasn’t left me
yet. Still got the runny nose and cough every once in a while. No trouble
sleeping or anything though. A member of the ward gave me a super nice jacket
this week. Bro. Lindow is the man!!!! It’s a windbreaker, so I have been in
warm heaven these last 3 days. I love it haha.
We are having a baptism this weekend for
Chance, so if you could please keep praying for him, that would be great.
And another investigator named Nicole will be getting baptized soon as well.
They are the top priorities for prayer. And of course, praying for me that I
can be a blessing to the ward and the people I meet. If you pray for that, then
everything else will be covered :)
That is cool that y’all will be reading the
Book of Mormon along with me! I got behind, so I had to read 13 pages this
morning. So I’m now on page 19! Gotta love the Book of Mormon, and all of the
things you learned. Also, I memorized 1 Nephi 10:18-19 ... good'n right there.
“For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And the way is prepared for
all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come
unto him. For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God
shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these
times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come;
wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.” God doesn’t change, so
stop acting like he does, Alabama ;) hahaha I love reading the scriptures. I
have learned sooooo much! Y’all don’t even know haha. I’m glad I’ve been able
to come on my mission and learn so much about God and my role in His plan.
Gotta love having an understanding of all of the commandments and troubles of
the world. I love learning! I hope I can learn a ton more these next 5 months.
Ask me some questions y’all have, and I want to see if I can find the answer!!
Quiz me :) haha.
I love y’all and I hope you are having a great
week! Oh!!!! And I pimped my bike out! Got new grips, tires, and a new light.
So tell Gma O that her money has helped me to be more safe as I ride at night.
And I can now ride faster and in more style haha. Shout out from Alabama!
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment