Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30th, 2012


Momma and Poppa!
Sounds like y’all had a good week! Jackie and Amy hit it off?? That’s what I’m talking about! Everyone loves Jackie. I’m going to come home and no one in the ward is even gonna care about me anymore cuz Jackie is there. Haha. :) But I’m excited that she is able to be with Amy today! I’m sure she will enjoy that. Amy is a lucky duck to be able to spend all that time with Jackie, too!  And yes, I wrote Sister Reynolds last week ... but I didn’t finish it yet haha. I only had time to write about one paragraph before we left the apartment. So hopefully I will be able to finish it today.
Send a pic of the carpet if it looks so good. Tacos sound so good. And it is still weird to me that the whole world keeps doing its thing without me haha. U.S. Open, crawfish boil, Olympics, taco trips haha. Everyone should just pause and let me catch up. But really, it’s ok. It helps put things into perspective. Those things that I miss, don’t really matter. There will still be Olympics in the future, and tacos, and surfing :) I’m glad I am able to be without for these 2 years so I can see that I don’t need those things to keep going and to be happy. Lesson learned ;) Also, that is awesome that you were able to see Elder Dean! I had a lesson at his house last Monday night with our investigator. His mom makes some good pie! Shoot, I was in heaven. And Elder Bledsoe (or however you spell it) is only 20 miles from home! What??!! I don’t know what I would do! That would be pretty weird for sure. But sounds like he is doing well.
This week has been a great one for us. We were busy driving all over the zone for baptismal interviews and exchanges, but it was fun. Regina got baptized this Saturday!!!! So she is officially a member. She asked me to baptize her, so it was my 2nd dunk of my life. Good stuff! Also this week, a Baptist youth group came to church to tour and we sang ''I Believe in Christ" for them and it sounded great. Elder Ojelade, Ethridge, Sisters Belford, Simpson, and I sang for them. Then at the baptism, Elder Oj and I, and Sister Belford sang "Come Thou Fount", so I have been singing more than ever this week. I don’t know why all of a sudden we have been singing, but it was fun. Also I had breakfast at President’s house that morning and had companionship study with the Bessemer zone leaders, assistants, and a teacher from the Missionary Training Center who used to serve here. So it was super fun! Also I ate some amazing Mexican food. Huaraches ... I think that’s how you spell it. But if you ever see that on a menu, get it!! I got asada and it was bueno and a half. Also I told the sisters to learn how to make horchata from members in the branch and they did!!! So I’m going to learn!!!!!!!!!! So pumped! Horchata on command from now on ;)
It has just been an amazing week. And not just because of food. Haha. I really have been able to see the Lord’s hands in the work and I have seen people being blessed left and right because of their decisions to follow Christ. By the way, Elder Taggart came back from Utah this week to baptize an investigator he taught like a year ago. I interviewed her, so it was great to go to the baptism and see a returned missionary and his family together to witness that. She was a big girl, too! It was a sight to see.
This letter is all over the place, so excuse me. But I am just typing everything that comes to my mind. You'll be able to get the gist of it ... Steven has his driver’s license? What?! How old is that kid, like 12?? Man, time is flying. I can’t believe it’s almost August already. I don’t know what I’m going to do. But yeah, I'll steal Elder Oj's camera real quick and send some pictures. I forgot mine ... but I only have like 2 pics on it from this week anyways. :)
Oh, and I got a letter from Kassie but not Kelsey. It was a good one! Tell her thanks. Send me good, healthy snacks in the package. And some clothes I can golf in haha. Like my tan pants I wore to work ... the skinny leg ones and my blue polo. But really, all I need is love ;) Thank you so much. If you hurry, I can email you more. Ask me questions or whateva! 
Love y’all!
Elder Oppenlander 

No comments:

Post a Comment