Monday, July 2, 2012

Hotter than Hades


Yello!

Two great calls this week?? I didn’t get any :) haha but that is sweet that Maura called you!!!  I am so excited for y’all to meet her it’s not even funny! What is funny is that she asked for you to hear her out haha. I can totally imagine Maura doing that. You are going to have to help her feel loved while she is down there. And tell Jackie to take her to church while she is here!!! And that other call was from President Memory. He is in the mission presidency and he came and visited the Cahaba Heights branch yesterday. He told me to write down y’alls info and that he was going to call you. And this morning he called to tell me he had been able to reach you. That was very nice of him.

You had my favorite meal with Becka...tri tip, asparagus and potatoes are my fav!  Man I miss that good ole food. And you and dad still need to find something to do. You should drive to all the temples in California! Road trip! And goodness gracious the bathroom looks like a hotel room! What happened to my bathroom haha. It doesn’t look anything like it used to. Stepping your game up over there. And I cannot believe Ian is taller than Jackie!! Hahahahahahahahahaha he looks so different. I can still beat him up though ;) Dodger night sounded horrible! Drove for 2 hours, missed President Uchtdorf throwing the pitch, dodgers get killed...but at least you heard the national anthem and saw some missionaries at the stadium. Did they get to go to that?? Shoot! I wouldn’t have been able to go. Not sure if I would have wanted to haha.

Where did you go to eat for your birthday? And the card I sent you was totally lame but its all I had and I didn’t want to not send you something for your birthday. Jackie and Lauren totally outclassed me with their gifts but it’s all good. Once I’m back they won’t stand a chance. :) You’re probably at Hof’s Hut right now eating and gossiping like crazy. And yeah I probably spelled that wrong but it’s ok I’m just typing as fast as I can. Yes’m I got the package from Becka and Jackie!! Tell them thank you mucho for me and I enjoyed everything in it! Even the puffy stickers! I will put those to good use! And tell Jackie thank you so much for the Book of Mormon!! That was a classy thing to send and I studied in it this morning. :)

Is Kassie going to send me some mail?? I love getting mail haha. And those puppies were Pomeranians or however you spell it. When they grow up they are gross but as puppies those things were too cute!  That is kind of lame that you got them so late.

This week has been so stressful! We had zone leaders council on Friday and we got so many assignments haha..... This Wednesday we have to do a zone conference on our own!!! I don’t know how to do that haha. It’s just going to be like everything else I do..freestyle! I can’t really plan. I always end up stressing myself out and just stopping. I have faith that we will be able to pull it off. Haha.  Elder Ojelade and I have already planned some so it will be uh-mazing. We are going to have to do one every month from now on. So I better get used to it. We have been so busy lately we have been running around trying to collect all of this info and get things done.

This next year of my mission is going to make me a diamond with all of this heat and pressure I’m under. Goodness gracious. But I’m grateful for it because it will get me ready to handle life when I get home. Diamond ;)  This is another week where I have no idea what we have done. Too much in my head right now to think about the past week.  We have some sweet appointments tonight though. We are going to get ice cream and teach Alex and Jackson tonight.  Then right after go to the Stanley’s again and have a family home evening with them. They are going to fry us some food, and fry some twinkies and oreos and stuff!! Healthy alert!!  Oh last week we went out with President Holzapfel to teach and he is such a good teacher oh my goodness! After each lesson he gave us like 20 more assignments. So our investigators are going to be taken care of. :) Also the next day President H took us out to eat at Saws BBQ and it was too good. Had me a pulled pork potato...that’s my favorite and oh my it was good. Then he took us next door to this place called "Dreamcakes".  It’s a cupcake store and its super well known around here. I had a banana bread cupcake with caramel frosting. Bueno.

Then on Saturday, Phillip got baptized. He was an investigator I was teaching at the fellowship house here.  He moved to Center Point and I gave the elders there his info and now he is a member of the Church.  So I was able to make it to his baptism and it was great. Elder Thurston from San Diego baptized him.  It is Elder Thurston’s first transfer so I was super happy to watch him do that. P.S. That kid can sing!! He and sister Belford sang at the baptism and it beautiful. Gotta love good singers. And I gave Marcel, the cancer kid, all the art that Lauren sent him but he was busy in art himself. He only gets a certain amount of time per day off the chemo machines to do art so he was busy. He liked them and the sisters went to visit him the next day and said that he is being released today and his mom loved the art and is going to hang it up in his room back home. So thank you Laurena. You’re blessing lives out here in the Bam Bam.

I don’t have much else to say. It’s been another hot as Hades week here. It was 106 the other day and while it was that hot I rode up the biggest hill here. It’s called the Vulcan haha. I’m in such good shape nowadays its not even funny. Biking up and down hills in the heat will tune you up real quick. I love biking I’ve decided I have to get a road bike when I get home and ride that to school and on the weekends and stuff.  So that’s the plan Stan. :)

Have a good week and enjoy the new bathroom!

Love Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment