Mom and Pop!
Time is flying by for sure! I can’t believe I’ve
already been out for 13 months ... that’s crazy! And that Solvang place sounds
pretty cool! I’ve never heard of it before and I’m surprised other people have,
especially from Europe! But the pictures were sweet and those elf houses are
tight! Need to make me one of those when I get home. And why can some people
quit smoking just like that, and other people it takes them like 50 years! The
people we are teaching all smoke and it is so annoying! I wish I could stop smoking
from ever getting popular. I would do it so fast! But that missionary
experience sounds great and I’m glad Dad and you and got to participate in it!
Woohhoo for missionary work :) haha.
Opening day at the Orange County Fair sounds
like it was awesome! Chocolate covered bacon makes me sick just thinking about
it ... and I don’t know how you fry kool aid but that is gross, too. I feel fat
just thinking about it. And dinner with the Corotans! I miss them! How is Kelsey
doing, by the way? I haven’t heard from her my whole mission! Tell that girl to
write me if you ever see her! That is too bad about Alton’s back. That’s gotta
hurt! Speaking of hurting! A 10
pound baby?? Goodness gracious, I can’t even imagine! This must be baby time of
the year or something because everyone and their mom is having a baby right
now. But they named that 10 pound baby right ;) Charles is such a classy name.
That is good that Zac is doing well. I was
worried for him, but he just needs to get things taken care of. Hopefully he
will be able to get back out on his mission. I wouldn’t want to go home for
anything with all that I am learning and experiencing out here. It is seriously
so much fun and so fulfilling. I can’t believe I only have 11 months left to
serve .... I need more time than that haha. Oh, and by the way, Elder Ojelade
and I are staying here in Birmingham another transfer. So there is time for me
to work here and do what I have to do. These hills better get me in good shape
while I am here. There better be some benefits to killing myself up and down
them all day. :)
And what the hey is up with Gma and pa?? Haha
falling all over the place. I couldn’t help but laugh! Gotta laugh to keep from
crying! That’s no good that Gma tore her arm up, and Gpa tore his head up? Haha
man ... Abby is slacking on the job. But what are y’all gonna do to help ‘em
out and not fall anymore?! Shoot. I'll be praying for them for sure! And let me
know how it goes with Maura!!!! I still can’t believe that y’all are going to
meet her! Its crazaaayyyyy.
And speaking of family history, I will be doing
6 hours of that this Saturday at church. We are having a huge family history
conference so I will be there to answer questions and teach people and to stand
there and look good ;) so that should be an adventure. Not exactly sure what I’m
going to be doing, but it will be fun either way. I got some pictures to send
you. So look for those. I’m not sure if it will arrive today or tomorrow
because myldsmail.net
is kinda lame sometimes. But we'll find out!
I can’t remember what we have done this week.
All I know is that I’m trying to go golfing while I’m here! I haven’t been yet
on my mission so that’s my goal for here in Birmingham. And also pray for Regina
that she can refrain from smoking. If she does, she will be getting baptized on
Saturday!!!!! So extra prayers for her :) ok, I’m going to send the pics
because I can’t think of anything else to say!
Love y’all!
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment