Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hey hey!

Geez, you got a lot of questions this week! Haha, lets start answering them all! My birthday was amazing. Went around talking to people all day, it was like 75 degrees out and super humid. We walked around campus and taught some peeps, then we went to a section 8 housing neighborhood to teach a guy named Lazarus and to tract. At like 3:00 it started pouring down rain...like the hardest I’ve ever seen it rain in my life. And since it was 75 degrees out earlier, of course we didn’t have our jackets or raincoats. So we got soaked! It was so fun, though! Then we rode our bikes home in the rain and I got all muddy. It was shooting up on me from my tires, so I stained my shirt. Hopefully, some bleach or something will take it out. I took some pics of the lil mud drops on me, but you can’t really see them or how wet I actually was. Then Elder Hardy and Emmanuel came over and we ate the cake (I cooked it the night before...turned out perfect). They kinda sang to me haha. They can’t sing worth nuthin, and then I went to bed! Oh, and I had Chipotle for my birthday lunch haha, and spam, eggs, and toast, with tobasco on it for din din. I was in heaven!

Why did you get me the Raybans?? Haha, I was in shock! Like, what the heck? But I like them! They’re keepers. And yes, I used the knife to open up some mail and other assorted items around the house. Elder Ingersoll almost cut himself, but I took it away from him before he killed himself. It is crazy that I’m 20...no longer a teenager … and you must feel way old. I think I said that last week, but let it soak in a lil bit! Oldy! I didn’t decorate the apartment with Ugly Doll stuff, but I decorated the table haha. I love the guitar CD! It’s pretty classy and relaxing. Sis. Reynolds' pillowcase is black with a bunch of different cupcakes on it with blue trim. I like it! And I got a package from Jackie too! It was sweet and I loved the pics of all the family and her family holding up the happy birthday signs. That’s pretty original! I haven’t seen that before. But yeah, my birthday was perfect, and even some random peeps told me happy birthday. It was different but fun. I think that’s all the news I have about my birthday.

Haha, that CD of photoshoot pics is so funny. And yeah, that’s Bro. Mulder in the pic, and he took most of them and his wife took the first couple. Rockin’ denim and camo......it would be a sin not to rock that. And yeah, I’m running low (aka out of) shakka lakka. Get me that combo pack:) I love all the flavors, but the Maui Mint and the Medicated Ice (or whatever) is good, too. I love them all though. Right now I’m using that weird Ocean Potion stuff and it tastes horrible haha.

I didn’t talk at Mary’s baptism. Just watched her get baptized and ate some cookies and lemonade. It was a no pressure event for me. Campus missionary work is so fun haha. We just try to talk to college students all day and half of them are drunk. So I wouldn’t say good investigators but we have a couple good'ns. Like on my birthday, we met this cool guy but his frat was having a huge party and when we were walking home these drunk girls were all "why are you two matching???????????" talking about Elder Hardy and me, and I just laughed and was like "we're missionaries, its what we do" haha. Then they were trying to figure out my name and were calling me Offenlanger and stuff and they asked if that was right and I just said yeah so they would leave me alone haha. It was way funny though. Glad I’m not doing stuff like that. Yeah, I’m a geek missionary, but I love it. So those are the type of things that go on most of the time. Just trying to find genuinely (?? Is that how you spell that?) interested people. But there are tons of people to talk to, so its fun!

Tell Tony I can’t be funny/interesting all of the time! Wouldn’t want him not working and just waiting for my bomb emails every week. ;) I wish I had some swamp people to teach right now. That would be fun.

That’s awesome that Bro Mckay likes Lauren’s work! I hope she can find a job pretty easy. But I think with all the stuff going on with BYU Animation, she should be good to go. Courtney and Jeffy are dating?? Weird!! I don’t know why its weird, but it is. I haven’t gotten a letter from Chris yet but I'll be expecting it! I’m excited.

And Jackie! Yes, I loved everything in your package! The ties are classy, and I totally understand why your dad doesn’t have time to write me. I wouldn’t write me, either haha. I’m pretty bad at writing missionaries. I need to get better, especially with Chris and Zac and stuff. No letter from Elder Clanton yet ... I don’t know his address either, so I can’t write him. I miss that kid so bad. And Jackie and Nicole are going up to General Conference?? That’s sweet! I can’t wait for them to meet Haley, Elder Clanton’s girlfriend! Plus, General Conference is gonna be sweet. I can’t believe its already been six months since the last one! Seems like just yesterday. I'll be looking for the signs the girls are gonna hold up. I don’t know if you can do that at General Conference, but I guess we'll find out haha. Thanks for the prayers and all the thought. I’m gonna try to send some pics right quick! From my birthday and stuff. Love you all! Have a good week!!!

Love, Elder Class

No comments:

Post a Comment