Mom!
I bet its super quiet back home right now! I bet you wish you had a dog to talk to haha. That’s so crazy that Dad is in Brazil livin’ the dream. That plane ride sounded like a blast. I hope you told grandma happy birthday for me. I’m going to get her a card tonight, but I’m going to be super busy. We got news that we are going to Birmingham to pick up some visa missionaries! So we will have 2 more missionaries working with us here in Tuscaloosa. So that will take up about 4 hours of my day.
And what’s up with grandma and pa getting all old and run down haha. Man, I hope grandma’s knees get better, and tell grandpa to walk Abby more. Get those legs back in shape! And I should become a physical therapist so I can help them out with all of that stuff. :)
How was Balboa? I love it down there. It’s really relaxing! I don’t think I’ve ever actually gone onto the island before, though. Just around it in Newport Beach plenty of times. Oh shoot! I met a girl on the soccer team here who’s grandparents live in Rossmoor! I was so excited to talk about home and stuff it was ridiculous. She lived in Mission Viejo. I love fellow orange countians haha. It makes my day. And Jackie is better at men’s haircuts than women’s nowadays?? Dang, I remember when she used to be sketched out to cut my hair haha. So that’s good that she has been improving and great that her boss is saying she’s doing well. I miss getting my hair cut and my head shampoo'd...its a shame I can’t get it cut by Jackie anymore!
And so Jackie is staying with the Harrison’s? I didn’t know where she was or if she had moved out yet. But that’s good :) I’ve been thinking about school when I finish my mission. Seriously though, I’m in trouble. Pres. Holzapfel or someone is going to have to pull some major strings to get me into BYU. I would like to go there because it’s cheap and a good environment, but we'll see! :)
Casey Cluff is engaged? Shoot! I bet the Cluffs are way excited! And it sounds like church is going great back home. And yes, Kerry is going to get baptized if he stops smoking! He’s planned to get baptized this Sunday, but if he doesn’t quit smoking by then we'll have to push it back a week or two. Which is no biggie though, because he needs to be ready for that. We had him and another investigator at church yesterday and it went great! The stake presidency was there for ward conference and they were great. President Smart is really excited about missionary work, so he made sure our investigators had a good time at church. Kerry said it’s the "place for him" :) So we are excited about him! Keep him in your prayers, and I know everything will be alright.
This week has been a good one, but I can’t remember anything that happened really. It just flew by! But I’m happy and kinda healthy. I haven’t talked to anyone about my crown yet. It doesn’t hurt, just has a hole in it. So I don’t know what to do haha. Should I just go to a dentist or what??
But yeah, I hope you have an exciting week at home by yourself and you don’t go crazy! Tell Jackie to come over and hang with you or something. Go dog shopping!!! That’s what you can do. But I love you and I’ll be praying for you. By the way, can you send me Dad’s lame helmet? Mine is falling apart. And Dad doesn’t need it. So yeah, haha. Please :) I don’t know what else to say....Elder Ingersoll got chased by a dog and it was hilarious! Haha I was chuckling for a good half an hour. Pretty sure I’ve told you that? I can’t remember haha. I’m going crazy! All these days just blend into one. I’m going to write Dad and Lauren and see if I can remember anything. I got 25 minutes, so respond quickly if you can.
Love, Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment