Monday, February 13, 2012

Eight months out!

‘Sup Mom and Pop!

This week in T-town was great! Super cold though!!! In the 20's and I think the warmest it got was like 45. I’m so over the cold haha. And I haven’t gotten your Valentine’s Day card yet? (I don’t remember, so I’d say I haven’t gotten it). And yeah, I opened up all the Valentines Day stuff, shoot! I wasn’t going to let it sit there for more than a week. :) But other than the cold, this week was a good'n. We really focused on campus and we had a lot of success talking to people. Had a bunch of lessons and we met some really cool people. But yesterday was exhausting (I think that’s how you spell it)....but yeah, I was dead. Elder Hardy and I went down to Demopolis for church. Got picked up at 7:15, it’s an hour drive to get there, had church, bore our testimonies, had branch council, and all that ended like at 2:00. Then we drove 40 minutes to Greensboro to visit a less active member. And his house was legit!! It was built in 1835, it’s called an antebellum house. First time I’ve heard of that, but it was tight. And he collects antique everything! His whole house was like an expensive museum and I told him my mom would have loved it. He had some weird stuff though. Like he had his great grandmother's family hair tree? All the kids in the family cut their hair, made leaves out of it and made a fake tree with it. I guess it was popular back then. There was a fat braid of hair from when she first got married and a lil tuft of hair they snipped off right before she was buried. It was weird/interesting :) but yeah, he was so oldschool it wasn’t even funny. Had like three 1800s pianos, old everything! And he was telling us how he can’t invite church members over to his house because Greensboro is so segregated. Their black friend wouldn’t come into their house because "he’s not allowed into a white person’s home". I was like, are you serious???? I thought that stuff was done away with, but not in Greensboro, Alabama! I couldn’t believe it. Then we drove another 50 minutes to Linden, Alabama to visit another family. We visited, not as exciting as the other guy, then started our drive home. Bro. Champion, the high counselor we went with, invited us over to dinner at his house, because we were all starving, and we finally got home around 7:30 last night. And Sis. Champion made me eat way too much food, I had a fat neck ache which gave me a migraine and 3:00 this morning I threw it all up :) haha. One cool thing though, is that I’m never tired anymore! I’m used to the schedule finally and I can sleep for like 3 hours and be wide awake for the rest of the day. That’s going to be a useful skill later in life, so I’m going to try to keep it. But yeah that was my day yesterday....so long!!! Sounds like you had just as an eventful a day as me!

We got to see the World Wide Leadership training and I loved it. We watched it Saturday morning though. And yes ma’am, the shaka laka lip blaka came, and I’m very thankful! I love that stuff! And you better pick some classy tile for the bathroom. :)

I hit my 8 month mark on Wednesday! That’s pretty crazy huh? 1/3 the way done:) shoot! And Dad is going to Brazil for like 8 days????? I am so jealous its not even funny! He better be excited! Man...Alabama is better anyways haha. And that’s crazy that Dean and Lauren are getting married! Exciting bizznizz right there. That’s good that young couples are staying in the ward. We don’t want it to turn into some Leisure World ward haha. I hope y’all have an enjoyable Valentines Day and get crazy with the Jorgensen’s haha. Dogwood mormons!!! And yeah, Gma and Nick’s birthdays are coming up like the 21st and 26th, right?? Something like that, whatevs. But I’ll write Gma O and Gma B today. I haven’t written them in a while and I feel horrible. I’m gonna try to start to write them every week. Gotta show them some love. I think they would enjoy that. Oh shoot, and I have a hole in my crown! I don’t know if my retainer did it or what, but what should I do?? Respond asap! Haha. I'll be emailing Lauren so holla at me!

Love you! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Papi Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment