Monday, December 12, 2011

Six months out!

Look how short Elder Lofthouse is...

Lake we fished

Creek we fished

Bro Muldog and his bass

My pride and joy :)

Freezing rain!

Bottle cap collection. a perk of living in a college town

Christmas tree with our District and Zone Leaders. Elders Stephens, Watson, York, Burdette, Hardy and ME

Bike parts.... I'm painting it - haha

Hey!

Yeah, its crazy I’ve almost been out 6 months! Got like 3 days then it will be official! And yes, I definitely think I have accomplished all that I would have liked to. Then again, I didn’t really have any expectations for my mission haha. But time is going by crazy fast for sure. Doesn’t feel like I’ve been out for 6 months already. But then again, I feel like I’ve been doing this forever! Its kinda weird. And president was taking random pictures at that lunch thing and I had no idea when he was taking them. So enjoy my back, because you're lucky he even wanted to take pics of me! The bike garage thing was awesome. I’ve never been downstairs in the mission home before so I enjoyed checking it out. No joke though, it was freezing that day and it still is freezing. Like in the 30s lately and one day I was riding my bike in the rain and it felt like I was playing in the snow barehanded. It was soooo colllllllllllddddddddd. I don’t like it at all. I want sunshine and birds singing.

What did you and Jackie get me for Christmas :)) ????And I miss Islands and their soup and buffalo wings. And you got a leather couch and lazyboy. Why couldn’t you get that when I was home and could enjoy it??? Shoot mom, come on now. That great-gma chair would be perfect for gma. I remember that thing. I used to sit in it and it would raise me up. Crazy I can remember back that far. Doris' son was in the hell's angels?? Hahahah That’s awesome! Tell him to give me a motorcycle :)

Crazy that Zac already had his farewell talk and stuff! Sounds like his party was fun and you got to chat it up with some good people. That’s cool and yeah, JT sent me some little flat Stanly or something. I’m supposed to color him, and fill out some info about Alabama and send it back with a picture of Alabama...I don’t know what to send yet though haha. I’m glad Zac has a lot of support for his mission. That’s gonna make things easier for him.

1800 hits on my blog?? I don’t understand why people read this thing haha. It’s boring! And Salon 9 shoutout!!! They read my blog every week?? Shoot, I need to step my game up so this thing isn’t so boring and more exciting! No biggie though, I'll just send some pics and stuff and everyone will enjoy it. I’ve been slacking so hard on taking pictures lately. I’m gonna regret it if I don’t get pictures of the tornado damage and all the cool people in my ward here. Need to get on it ASAP.

My letter made Jackie cry?? Shoot, I’m glad I’m making her proud and she’s enjoying the scriptures and stuff. I try to make them good so it’s not just the same ole same ole every week. Gotta spice it up a lil bit. :)...........mom......I do not know what time on Christmas I can skype....I don’t even know if I'll be here in Tuscaloosa or somewhere else. So it's not planned yet haha. Don’t worry, I'll let you know as soon as I know. Next Monday I'll know if I’m getting moved or not, and I’m sure I’ll know my skype plans then too. And man, I’m so excited for all of these packages --- you don’t even know. Mail is like crack to a missionary haha. You need it and when you don’t get it you are all depressed! Not really but almost....I love mail though. So feel free to send them out ASAP. I haven’t gotten Sis. Reynolds yet, but that means I'll probably get it today. And I got your lil package last Saturday. With the CD and shoe laces and all that good stuff. That mother’s day talk looked like it was good. Those were some good experiences you had, mom! Shoot, I need to have some cool story like that. And my West Point girl is slacking hard core. I’m gonna write her today and see what’s up? No excuse for you not having all that yet. Gonna get on her.

BJs with Zac and his dad sounds uh-mazing! I dream of that buffalo chicken pizza and lemonade and pazooki or however you spell it. I want it. The Baldwins are going to be driving like crazy soon. Goodness gracious. Hours in the car but whateva, it will be fun and some good family time.:) PJ finally got his mission call! That’s awesome, and that’s the mission right above mine! We touch :) haha So if I go as far north in my mission and he goes as far south we could hug each other or something haha. That’s awesome that he’s gonna speak Spanish, too. Tell him he’s gonna do a lot of traveling and trailer park tracting. Spanish elders in the south just drive around trying to find someone who speaks Spanish hahahaha. It’s pretty funny, but true.

Been in the 60s back home.....are you kidding me? I wish it was in the 60s here. Everyone keeps telling me it’s not cold, and I’m like, are you serious?? I got snot running out my nose, my cheeks are purple they’re so red, and my hands hurt. It’s cold out here! If I can see my breath, then it’s cold. But no, all these Alabamans are too tough for me. I don’t mind being a lil baby and getting cold haha. Complaining every once in a while is good for the soul. It’s fun, too. And yes, some of our old investigators were able to get back in touch with us. Which is good. We picked up Mary for church yesterday and she brought a friend. Her friend smelled like pot so bad and was hitting on me like crazy. I was like, dang it! haha. Stoned girl needs to get out of here. But it ended well and I just acted like I didn’t know what she meant when she was spittin game at me. So she backed off real good. It was awkward though for sure/funny later in the day when me and Bro. Mays were talking about it. I love him! Bro. Mays is awesome and he took care of me yesterday :) Elder Hardy was down in Demopolis again, so I was a lone ranger in Tuscaloosa ward with Bro. Mays. He took me home after church and fed me some bean burritos and I got a migraine, so I laid on his lazy boy. He took care of me :) Then we went to the Mulders for dinner and Sis. Mulders’ parents are in town because she’s due to have her baby today! So it was a good time eating with them. We had one pretty good appointment with this guy named Richard yesterday. But everyone else bailed on us. And we were able to find like 6 new investigators this week. So the work is moving forward and things are going great! I got nothing to complain about, and I’m loving the people more then ever. I gots to go. Tell Lauren I'll respond to her email next week haha. I don’t have time right now!! Sorry.

Peace out!

Elder Oppenlander!


No comments:

Post a Comment