Hey Mom and Dad!
It was way good to talk to ya’ll on Christmas. It was so weird just hanging up on you guys though! It just felt weird haha. And the almond roca turned out horribly...started separating and that’s when I emergency called you and it never went back together. As I was stirring it, some scalding butter leapt up and burnt the heck out of my hand haha. It hurt so good. But other than that my Christmas was amazing!
I ate a lot of food and had a good time with members here in Tuscaloosa. Sounds like ya’lls Christmas was even better! Lauren sounds like the gift giving champ of the family. All the cool origami money and socks. Where are my socks?? It’s all right though because the footie pajamas are amazing. I’ve worn those things quite a bit already and they are really comfortable :) I still have only been to the Melting Pot one time! I want to go there again. That place was pretty good.
How was it having the missionaries over for Christmas? Did the family warm up to them and show them a good time? I hope so! I got cards and money from people -- it was awesome. Man, Jackie got to talk to me and her sister Becca? That’s a good day right there haha. It’s crazy that Becca is about to come home from her mission in Boston! She only has like 5 months left...man I can’t believe that. Time is flying by. That’s awesome that Jackie got all of you something sweet for Christmas! Dad got hooked up with haircuts! And you got that cute picture with some hair do stuff haha. I’m sure Lauren loved the phone cover too. That’s awesome. I’m proud of Jackie! She’s amazing! I hope she had a good Christmas too!
There is a new Sherlock Holmes movie? I never even heard about that coming out or anything haha. Man its so weird being out of the world and stuff. Don’t hear anything unless its a tornado siren...did I tell you about that? A couple of days ago the tornado thing went off so loud and there was a tornado cell right over the stadium. Like 1/4 mile from our house. It was crazy; the clouds were blowing one way on the left side and blowing the opposite way on the right side. It was pretty cool to watch but no tornado ever touched down. I wanted it to though, :( so I was a little bummed but I guess it’s okay because no one is hurt.
You braved the mall yesterday?? Me too! I bought some pants from Sears...Joseph A Bank was $175 for a pair of pants....way too much money for pants haha. So I went to the mall and it was the first time I’ve been in the mall in 6 months so it was a weird experience for me. Elder Ingersoll bought an Alabama hat and it was half off the next hat, so needless to say I had to get one too haha. It’s a good'n though. The top is all tan and the bill is real tree camo :) it has the Alabama “A” on it and I love it haha. Oh and I bought a cheap watch from Wal-Mart. It’s a classy one though. So I shopped yesterday. It was weird but fun a little bit.
And cousin Paige is coming down today? That’s awesome! And you get two dogs! Man you guys are so lucky. Get to hang out with family and hang out with some awesome bulldogs and stuff. Shoot I’m missing out haha. But all is well out here in the Promised Land. The weather is starting to get freezing so I might need to bust out the thermals today.
But other than that, training Elder Ingersoll has been smooth like butta and we're really enjoying being a companionship. He’s picking it up really quickly and we just need to go and find some new investigators that we can teach the gospel to. By the way, Elder Ingersoll is my lucky charm for getting fed! We've been fed 6 times the last week! The Mulders fed us last night and I finally got to see their brand new baby boy! He was so tiny it was crazy. Babies are sketchy a little bit. I always think they are about to fall and die or something but they told me they are more resilient than I think. We'll see haha. I always tell Bro Mulder I’m going to show him those pictures of the Wedge in Newport Beach during that storm but I always forget to bring it. So he told me to remember next time and he said bring a picture of Jackie next time too haha. So I have an assignment to bring pictures over to the Mulders. I love them. And I’m glad their little baby is happy and healthy.
Well that’s about all I have to say right now. I'll try and upload some pictures :)
Love you guys, Happy New Year!
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment