Happy December!!
No, don’t send the Christmas tree haha. We have one in our apartment and I don’t want to carry a Christmas tree around. We're good :) Oh, how I miss the sweet smell of almond roca! That’s cool that Zac and Jackie were over and hung out and made some. I got the recorder back from Jackie finally this week and it was so good hearing her voice. And I heard Zac’s too! I was pumped and they made me laugh a little bit. Zac’s farewell is already next week? Shoot, time is flying and JT the week after? Man, that’s awesome! Yeah, I’ve told my chitlins story to like 50 people and they all say they would never eat it. I guess some people are just lame and would rather go home than go big. You know I like to go big ;) haha. For reals though, I had to do it. I couldn’t live with myself if I turned that opportunity down. I would rather say sorry to my stomach than have to regret never trying it.
Shoot, boy Loren needs to step it up. And get on a mission. And is Quinn that kid I used to hang out with all the time is serving in Uruguay? Uruguay sounds tight. That’s where Bro. Mulder went in my Ward here. Said he had parasites like crazy! Forget that. Jackie got the ring and letter? That’s good. Elder Hardy wanted to send it then got all shy and was like "no, you can just send it to her" but I got on that sucker and made him and finally he manned up and did it. And yes, I bought another inner tube and 25 minutes later I biked 7 miles to our investigator’s house and she wasn’t home.......so whatever haha. Eric is cold serving in Wisconsin ! haha What a sucker. Its December 5th and 70 degrees outside right now :))) People are freaking out because usually its freezing but I just say "you’re welcome" because I know I brought the warmth with me. That’s awesome that he’s on an Indian reservation though! I bet that’s awesome. What’s up with Grandpa and Grandma always getting colds and stuff. Shoot, tell them to take their vitaman C. And I’m glad Grandma’s knees are feeling better. Does Abby miss me at all? I doubt it.
Piano recital coming up! I’m so glad I’m not home for that --- Dad can’t force me to play anything haha. Sucker!!!!!!!!! And why are you playing for an elementary school? How did you get signed up for that and why would you do it haha. PJ still hasn’t gotten his mission call? Man, come on, I want to know where he’s going! Did I look good in the baptism picture? I hope I did -- I can’t be looking shabby in a picture on the internet. Haha. We had one girl way close to baptism but she decided to fall off the face of the earth. I’m kind of worried about her, but there’s nothing I can do. We had a lesson with her and it went well and after that she just stopped texting us and talking to us, and wouldn’t open her door. So we don’t know what’s up. Oh, and deaf dude never came back from his moms house for Thanksgiving so I haven’t talked to him. And PhD dude peaced out too. So we're running a little low right now. But we've been working with the young single adults, and they have friends we can teach. I love working with people my age haha.
Yesterday was amazing! Bishop and his wife gave Elder Hardy and me two fat things of Nutella :) and then two less actives we've been working with came to church for the first time in 6 months. Then Sis. Mills, a 70 year old lady said I have "a beautiful smile and cute dimples" and said I was handsome :) hahaha I love getting hit on by old ladies. It makes my day haha. And when I said bye to her she was like, "there’s my missionary" haha. All I did was be nice to her and get a chair for her to sit in. But yeah, I’m loving this ward and the area. I hope I can stay here for a while and continue to get to know them more and more.
I’m excited for Christmas and I hope I’m here for that too. We've had 6 families invite us over for Christmas Eve already, and Bro. Mays and Bro. Mulders’ wives will both be having babies around then so I want to be here for that too! So it’s a good time of year and I love it! And for Christmas I just want black v-neck sweaters or a navy or black cardigan or something. Or dark grey? I just want something I can be warm in and look cute in haha. And ties, and good socks! I just want clothes pretty much...I don’t need anything else really. Just get me whatever you want, I won’t complain haha. And this Wednesday I’m going to Pres. Holzapfels house for Christmas lunch so that should be fun. Get to see all the missionaries in my zone there.
That’s about it for this week. Thanks for all the love and support and let people know I’m doing better than ever. Stay healthy and I'll talk to you next week or now if you are fast enough to respond. I’ll be on until 9:30 your time.
Love you! Peace out from T-Town,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment