Good morning!!
The Turkey Bowl was amazing!!!!! Haha You better believe I represented So Cal. It was so funny too. Bishop W got so into it and was getting all mad and stuff it was so funny. Bishop was knocking guys over and intercepting the ball! Funny stuff right there. My team had our bishop, Northport Ward’s bishop, Elder Hardy, Elder Watson, me, Brother M, and some rugby players in the ward. We won the championship game and I had so much fun. I was sore for 4 days though.... I was like, Are you kidding me? haha. I was so sore! Shows how biking and walking can’t compare to real exercise. It got me so excited to play rugby again. I think I’m going to do that for sure when I get home. I got to.
My Thanksgiving was a well needed rest! But also a horrible experience....so the Turkey Bowl was great and right after we showered, our ward mission leader came and picked us up to go to his house and eat lunch. Had a deep friend turkey injected with jalapeƱo butter...so good :) Had a coconut chocolate pie too. I enjoyed myself. 30 minutes later we went to a less-active member’s house named sister M. That’s my girl right there! She made me my mac-n-cheese, collared greens (kind of sketchy), stuffing (with turkey gizzard, eggs, and random parts of the turkey), butter beans (with slimy okra) and I then made a huge mistake....I tried chitlins. Lets just say pig intestines were worse than I thought they would be hahahahahaha. She had 10 pounds of it hanging out in a crock pot looking alright. So I said I’d try some. Poured some hot sauce on it and went for it. Less than a millisecond later I regretted that decision. The smell of it lingered for 2 days, no joke. It tasted like a dirty pig foot covered in poop. That is no exaggeration either! I don’t even know how I can describe it other than that. I had to struggle not to throw up and I pounded mac-n-cheese in my mouth to try to cut the taste.
After that, my appetite was dead for the day. I went to the Sorenson’s for dinner and I didn’t eat a thing. My stomach was so mad at me it was ridiculous! So we just hung out with them the rest of the night. Played wiffleball, bamaopoly (monopoly but the Tuscaloosa version) and some game called boxers and briefs. It was like apples to apples pretty much. And we just talked and I enjoyed my holiday just relaxing. :)) So that was my Thanksgiving haha.
Yours sounds amazing! 38 pounds of turkey?? Shoot, dang that’s a lot. I’m so happy Jackie came and enjoyed herself! She needs to learn how to make lefse and all the good stuff haha. I’m proud of the Oppenlander hospitality! I’m so glad that I’m in the Christmas photo too.
How did you like having one of your babies home for the holidays?? Did you cling to her and not let her out of your sight? I bet you did haha. And there is another Twilight movie? I thought that was all done? And yeah Lauren told me about her drive back to Provo haha. Can’t trust anyone to drive you places nowadays. And I think it’s funny that Grandma wants dad to supervise too haha. I remember she did that last year too. We just put up a little electric Christmas tree in our apartment today too. That thing is a cutie and brightened up the living room. Still have not gotten any visa waiters but that might change pretty quickly. All the signs are pointing to getting some. And am I crazy or didn’t Jennie Jones get married???? And yeah I got a letter from Savannah this week haha. It was good hearing from her and I want to know where PJ is going to go on his mission!!!!! I bet he’s going to South America or something.
And yeah, football is crazy down here. Not too bad this week though because 30,000 of the population of Tuscaloosa was out of town for the holidays. Slowest week of my life!!! This place turned into a ghost town haha. So only the locals stayed and we focused on them. And it was funny; we were walking around right during the end of the game and you could hear people shouting and cheering from their houses. A lot of them said some pretty funny stuff and got me to giggle a little bit. You still haven’t gotten the package??? Man that girl is lagging, I need to get on her and Elder Miller. And no I have not gotten my sunglasses yet. I probably won’t until the next big meeting. And the package is about to be sent?? Man I don’t know if I can handle all of that candy. I'll just feed Elder Hardy and fatten him up for the winter :) and yes, he should be a large in t-shirts. I have no idea what you could get for Jackie haha. Get her a life-size picture of me ;) hahhahah
Teaching is going pretty well. We baptized our investigator Lucinda in Demopolis on Saturday. The deaf dude has been out of town but I met his deaf friend named Shedrick yesterday. It’s cool talking to them but he was shooting signs at me so fast I had to tell that bugger to slow down!! Man it was crazy! I need to step my game up. PhD man is going alright. He’s so busy doing school work that we can really only talk to him on Sundays. He didn’t come to church yesterday though but we taught him this week. Elder York and I taught him. Elder York is our zone leader.
I should be able to Skype on Christmas for sure. I’m looking forward to that too. It’s crazy that Christmas is in less than 4 weeks! Time is flying out here. The basketball game sounds like fun and the OCMCO sounds whack haha. I’m sure dad is going to love it though. Prime sleeping music. It’s good to hear from you buggers and keep me updated. I really do enjoy hearing about the family and the going ons back home. Let everyone know I love them and thanks for the words of encouragement ::) I’m still loving it out here and for Christmas I just want pants and ties haha. I don’t need anything else. Oh maybe some good black and navy socks. These thin ones I have don’t last too well. IDK just send me money for the pants and stuff and I can go to the mall here and get them. So I can try them on and all that good stuff. But I trust you in getting ties and socks for me. Oh sad story my shoelaces keep breaking!! My shoes have to share one set of laces haha. The water and sun just deteriorated them. And my bike is being dumb. I got a flat tire from a staple.... then I bought a new one and the second I put it in I heard "ssssss" and yup the brand new inner tube just got a hole in it. So I retired my bike and we just walk everywhere haha. Maybe one day I’ll get another inner tube but I’m not on good terms with the bike right now. So I’m just going to ignore it.
And we have one investigator about to be baptized. Her name is Mary and we are taking her to Family Home Evening for the young single adult group tonight. We're excited for her to get some good friends in the church and to be baptized. We just have to teach her the commandments and she could be baptized this Saturday. So pray for her if you want to. We are trying to work with the young single adults a lot because of the campus and our young investigators. So we will be getting to know them well this week. Go to Family Home Evening and Institute every week I think. So that’s about it over here. I didn’t take any pictures.... they are on Elder Hardy’s camera so I’ll send some soon. I promise haha.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment