It’s cold over here! haha. Yesterday on the way to church it was 37 degrees! I almost just kept driving home to California...seriously haha. Too cold for me, but I’ll be buying a beanie at Wal-Mart today so that way the cartilage in my ears no longer freezes. Also I almost fainted yesterday it was tight/lame haha!! It’s cold…so, in my head that meant I didn’t need to drink any water and I didn’t want to drink water because it would make me colder. So we biked all around and tracted and not one person opened their door or was home. It was weird. Then finally we got to this one door and the guy was home and wanted to talk with us! So I was on the porch talking and all of a sudden I got really hot? I was like, what the heck its cold outside haha. So I took my jacket off and kept talking to the guy. Then I got super nausous?? I don’t know how to spell that word but you know what I mean. So as Elder Miller is talking to him I just go and sit down on the guy’s porch swing, I got sooo lightheaded and sick. They both look at me like what the heck are you doing and I’m just like, I’m about to faint haha. It’s all good though I didn’t… I was kind of excited to faint though because I never have before. :( Just not meant to be I guess. Anyways the guy got me some water and I drank it and all is well. I learned my lesson to drink water often. Even when its -300 degrees outside. (aka like 40). OK. Well back to Halloween haha. Our Halloween party was pretty good. Around 50 people showed up and our deaf investigator came! That was cool. Ate hotdogs, chili, and cornbread. It was way fun.They did trunk or treat with like 10 cars haha. And then Elder Miller and I judged the costume contest. There weren’t any real good ones though. Just all the old normal ones, the classics. But this one baby was a cow and that was super cute. And another baby was a pepper and he won "spiciest baby" haha. Sounds like the good ole Los Al ward party was a boomer! Man, I want some cotton candy! And to jump in a bounce house haha. That’s awesome! Shoot, Zac probably weighs the same as me! haha That’s awesome for him and sucky for me. I seriously get fed too much over here...and they tell me to get more and more. Force feeding me against my will. Then when I complain I’m getting fat they just tell me to stop complaining, I’m thin as a rail haha. But I guess I am in the 2nd most obese state in the country :) hahahaha Alabama is number one, of course. Fried food for days.
Good job Forrest giving that farewell talk! Tell JT to give me his Idaho address so I can write him! I haven’t heard from him in a while. And Jackie still isn’t feeling well? She told me she’s having a hard time sleeping. I’ve been praying for her though so she'll get better :) Needs that beauty rest. You got your hair done? The same as you always do or what? And Gma got a pain shot that caused more pain?? That was dumb of the doctor haha. I’ll definitely put her in my prayers as well. Can’t have ole Gma hurtin’. Purple front door at Betty’s house? I bet that looks good with the grey and white. I love purple... and Elder Dunnaway is just now getting transferred?? Dang, he was there longer than I’ve been on my mission haha. That’s weak haha. I’m still a baby missionary. Richie is rollin’ in the silver bullet nowadays?? Lucky man! I love that truck! Every time I see one like it here in Mississippi, I tell Elder Miller that that’s my car back home. And I tell him stories about me looking all good in it and stuff ;) And he better not get that truck stolen haha. Good question though, why would anyone want an 89 Camry. Stolen three times? Man, haha. I thought you died if your appendix ruptured? I thought the infected stuff spread throughout your whole body and you had to go to the hospital like ASAP? I’m glad Richie is ok though! Laci is on baby number 2?? That’s awesome! Gonna have lil chillins running all over the place by the time I get home haha.
The baptism was awesome. I led the music and Elder Miller baptized that girl. She was so happy and it was awesome! I confirmed her in sacrament the next day in front of all 24 people there...haha. It went smoothly though and right after I confirmed her, I blessed the sacrament, gave my talk, and then said the prayer. Haha I love serving in branches! I get to do everything :) Interviews with President are just like, do you need to repent of anything? Can I help with anything? Do this. Do that. Any questions? Boom done haha. He doesn’t tell me whether I’ll be staying or going. Just companionship stuff and personal things. Right down to the business.
Gma and Gpa’s birthdays are right around the corner! Man, I'll have to write them for sure! They’re getting old! Like what, 82 or something? Gpa knows how to do a birthday right! Get all the posterity to come and clean up his house hahahaha. I wish I could be there but I’ll be doing something probably more fun. Like getting force fed by a southerner.
Dad is having his 25-year celebration? Dang, he’s been working there for a minute! That’s awesome. Have fun and dance it up! Haha, Lauren and her roommates look wack! What goobers haha. And my pant size?? Like 32x34. Or I don’t know. I bought 32x32 and they fit but then they shrunk and I’m flooding all over the place. If they don’t shrink 32x32 will be good. And just get black, dark blue, dark grey. Basic. And I don’t have anything I really need for Christmas yet. I would say the ocean and a Jacuzzi..........psych. I won’t experience that joy for a couple of years. :) Just make it that much better when I’m home though :) Tell Savannah to write me!! Is she at home? I gotta hit up that loser. And Chris Sanchez haha. I’ve been wondering what happened to that kid lately. Alright well, I’m gonna upload some pics right quick.
Peace, love, chicken grease.
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment