Monday, November 7, 2011

Looks like I'm transferring again #4

Sup mom and pops,

Guess what?! I’m getting transferred again!! And I think I know where this time haha! I was sending in my weekly report to the president, and on the top of the page it says your area. Usually mine says West Point, but today it said Selma....haha Selma is a tiny branch in the Montgomery zone in Alabama. haha So I’m excited for that -- if I actually go there or not we'll have to wait and see. Yep, transferred again!! I can’t believe it haha. Elder Canton, Holley, and the sisters are getting transferred too. I hope I don’t just switch spots and go to Starkville or something haha. No joke I love branches! We had our first branch testimony meeting yesterday and it was legit! I started tearing up like a little girl when I was bearing my testimony and almost everyone bore theirs. It was awesome. Also Gmadre’s house is looking nice! I like that purple door. Creighton, “The human puppy” looked so sad :(( hahahhaha. Allison and Tyler’s kids are cute for sure. And what the hey? Man, all this tragedy going down back home! I can’t believe Bro. Sheridan died! That’s crazy. And Sis. Calloway lost her twins. Man that has got to be tough for both of their families. I'll pray for them for sure. All I can do. Brad was a good guy though, and I bet his funeral will be packed and a bunch of people will show his family support.

How was it seeing all the cousins and having no children of your own to flaunt?? Hahaha Nick is a sucker getting three tickets at once?? What a shame! I only got one my whole career... ;) I want to hear what he did, then chastise him for it. Lay down the Oppenlander law on that sucker. I most definitely got the popcorn tin from Gma last week. Just forgot to write her! Tell her I loved it and I’ve eaten most of the stuff inside it :) I’ll send her a letter of gratitude when I can. I don’t know if I’ll be able to write anyone today. I got stuff to do over here. Got to pack and meet with a bunch of people before I leave Tuesday night. Get that puppy!! Don’t matter what dad says you run that house haha. Get it and name it something classy! I’ve been on you about getting a dog forever and now its time to step up hah. You’re ready, have confidence in yourself big girl. I’m glad y’all had fun at the 25 year thingy. I bet that was nice in the Kodak and all. Hollywood’s poppin’ at 10:30 at night. Sounds just like West Point....psych! It gets dark at 6:00 here and everyone goes to bed in the south when it gets dark. It’s ridiculous. This place is strait up abandoned by 7:00. And that is so crazy that Lauren is about to graduate from college! I haven’t even started nor will I for two years haha. Shoot, she’s a big girl nowadays! But you must feel really weird and old being the parents of a soon to be college graduate. I wonder where she is going to work too? Hopefully someplace where I can get free movies. :)

Only 50-70 trick or treaters? Man, what happened to the old College Park East where people were packing the streets! I didn’t get one piece of candy or one trick or treater hahah. Mississippi people say, "Halloween is the devils holiday! I will not celebrate for the devil!” hahaha I was surprised at that but then I remembered where I was....Nick rocking a speedo for his costume? Gross haha. No one wants to see that goofy kid in anything less than shorts. What a goob! And what pictures is Sis. Cluff putting up on the bulletin board? I have not gotten a letter from Chris Sanchez yet but I’m hoping I get one soon :)) That kid is awesome haha. And yeah, I got one from Addy but not Savannah yet.

This week has been awesome though. I met a kid from California and when I got his phone number it was "714" I was like, hold up...714 like California 714?? Got me so happy it was ridiculous! He lived in Anaheim and Cypress :) Said he went to the church in Cypress on Orange Street. It was awesome! Also, we taught some great lessons but I’m really pumped for one of them. It’s a super young couple. Like 20 year old girl and 22 year old dude. Just got married 2 weeks ago and they have a kid, of course, and they said they’re looking for a church. It was just awesome to teach them about the restoration and prophets and see how it all made sense to them. They were both Baptist but went to different Baptist churches so they wanted to find common ground church. But yeah, we had an awesome lesson with them and Elder Miller and whoever takes my spot is going back next Saturday to teach them some more. I have high hopes for them. :) I’m still learning sign language and I bought a sign language book. But now I’m leaving the deaf lady haha. I'll still learn it though just in case I meet some deaf person I can talk to them :) I’m glad Tony liked peace, love, chicken grease hahah. It’s a classy saying that I picked up ;) Going to keep it too. I love the south haha. That’s about it for the news. Oh Elder Clanton’s girlfriend sent him fake moustaches for Halloween so our district rocked them during district meeting and it was so funny!! Haha I'll send some pics :)

Love y’all!

Elder Oppenlander aka poppa opp ;) my southern name

No comments:

Post a Comment