Hey Hey!!
How is everything? I got a call this morning and I’m getting transferred again!! What the heck? I never stay in an area longer than 6 weeks haha! I’m going to have to get to know a whole new ward and companion all over again. So today I’ll be packing and what not. Not too excited about that but it’s all good. The Lord wants me somewhere else. Just using me haha. And Zac needs to get his mission call already! Man, come on! And yeah the weather is cooling off nicely! Its cold biking home at night nowadays. Going to have to buy some sweaters soon :) Sounds like the ward is doing great and the primary performance was amazing as usual. I don’t know any of the people who got baptized but its cool none the less. That’s cool that Garret is still doing good in hockey and playing all over. Man I couldn’t travel like that for a hockey game though ha-ha. I don’t have the passion. And what the heck? Zac is always down there in California haha. He doesn’t even live in Arizona shoot haha. I want to eat something off the smoker so bad! I still haven’t had any good BBQ since being here. I got some pulled pork this week but it was alright, nothing special and Elder Holley got the grossest most ghetto nachos ever! They were pulled pork nachos made with Doritos, chunky nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and pulled pork. He said it wasn’t even warm....It was so gross haha.
I’m so excited for General Conference!!!! Man it’s going to be awesome actually watching all the sessions for once in my life haha. It’s so different watching it on a mission. Looking for things to share with investigators.
I got a letter from Lauren last week and I know she’s doing great! Man she got lucky with everything going on with her movie and it’s good that people are giving her the recognition for a job well done. That’s awesome! She should have no problem getting a job after school. I can’t believe Uncle Rick fell off the ladder haha! Man, I imagined him hanging from the roof. Glad he’s ok! :)
This week was sooo long and boring. No joke, every single plan we made fell through and people bailed on us. The exchange with Elder Clanton was amazing though. We work so well together. We found this guy named Lorenzo and he was a punk at first trying to be all tough and stuff but after talking to us a while, he got so interested and asked for some pamphlets and asked where the church was. He said he was from Chicago visiting but he would most definitely be to church on Sunday. Pretty much way excited about everything we told him. And then on Thursday he went back to Chicago....haha So I hope he goes to church when he gets home. And all week we’ve been trying to see less active members and visiting with them. None were home so we pretty much just biked around everywhere for nothing.
We went to Southside for the first time this week and it was so ghetto!! Man it was crazy! Drunk dudes walking all over at 11:00 in the morning. Just cussing and stuff haha. It was so crazy and we talked to this guy for an hour and he was crazy too. Wouldn’t let us leave pretty much. But it was fun :)
Then we went and helped out with a scouts eagle project in Friendship Cemetery right next to the Projects. It was so classy! It had civil war headstones of unknown soldiers and stuff. We scrubbed and bleached them so they would be nice and white again. My hands smelled like bleach for 2 days after though. Then Saturday around 6:00 pm Elder Holley’s bike got a flat tire. We called everyone and no one was answering so we had to walk 8 miles back home....It took two hours and no joke I was having a good time just taking pictures of the trees and stuff and Elder Holley was all tired. I don’t know why but I can walk for days now and not even break a sweat haha. It was fun. Wasted a lot of time but at least we made it home safe.
We had an amazing lesson with our investigator Maria last night though! We've been teaching her forever and not getting anywhere because she gets hung up on a lot of little stuff. So as we were planning for her lesson I just felt like we should teach her about families and Family Home Evening so she could see how the gospel works in her life instead of just reading and getting defensive about the stuff she read. It went perfectly and Elder Holley and his new companion are going to give them a Family Home Evening lesson next Sunday. And we are going to teach another Family Home Evening today to a less active family in our apartment complex. So I’m excited for that. Got to pack first though. Oh, and something weird that always happens down here. 1 out of every 10 people we meet say they know me from somewhere and I look really familiar...? I have no idea why but it happens all the time! We met this guy Willy a couple of days ago. We’re teaching him tonight as well and the first thing he says is, “do you remember me?” I answer, “what do you mean?” He says he knows me from somewhere, but he definitely doesn’t haha. So my cute face must just be really familiar.
I love you and have a great week! Pay attention to General Conference and I’ll talk to you next week in my new area with my new companion!
P.S. Elder Holley and I get along great now. He says I’m his favorite companion, which has to be a lie, but I’ll take it haha.
Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment