I don't remember everything I said in my e-mail, but I have time to write so I'm gonna write you some more. P-days out of the MTC are way more relaxing than in it. You have a lot of time to just relax and write letters. Maybe even nap! I've seriously been so tired as a missionary. Every time you sit down you just want to fall asleep. Almost did at church yesterday! We had two investigators come to church yesterday. It was awesome! Elder Lofthouse and I are both new to the area so we don't know crap. Luckily, he has a GPS, so we can find our way around here, and don't get lost. Hard thing about both being new to the area is you spend a lot of time just trying to find people to teach. And you don't really know any members so you have to go meet them as well. A lot of hand shaking and telling where you're from. I picked up "ya'll" way fast and said it in church yesterday when I introduced myself. Elder's Quorum President, Brother R, gave me props for that! : )
And yeah, I need pants ASAP. Like overnight shipped here. It's horrible how sweaty my butt was. Straight up embarrassing. Sorry. I feel like I'm always asking you guys to send me stuff.
You can get a wiener dog puppy for $100 if you want one. : ) I haven't got a letter in over two weeks and it's depressing haha. Write me!! Tell everyone to write me!!! I'll wait for Gma to write me before I write her though. Did she ever read the Book of Mormon? Let me know how it goes.
And the thunderstorms here are awesome! And lightning bugs!! I love the south so much. Love ya'll too, and keep sending me love and being there for Jackie. Invite her to dinner and stuff. Don't forget about her.
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
PS You can send anything to this address for at least the next 6 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment