Mama & Papa,
I definitely saw the tornado on Wednesday.
:))))))) I thought I was about to leave my mission and never see one. So that
made my day! We were standing on the balcony of our porch and you could see it.
It was really close but it was tiny so I wasn’t afraid at all. But it was
raining super duper hard. All the tornado sirens were going off, and all the fire
trucks and police cars were doing their sirens, and our weather alarm went off.
It was cool and all the news people were saying it came out of nowhere! But I’m
alive. :) And Sister Wilding isn’t in my zone. She is in the Huntsville zone.
So I haven’t even met her so I won’t be singing happy birthday to her.
And that is crazy that Corbin is home!!!! Oh my
gosh it is crazy. And I only have 3 and a half weeks left... Goodness gracious. And Chris Sanchez'
mom is getting baptized!!!! That is awesome. And I miss me a good ole pool party.
Lauren will do well as the Linger Longer person. She should put some good
southern food up in there. Black eyed peas with mayo in it :) haha. (Which is
actually really good but unhealthy) How do you get up in the organ pipes at
church? I remember President Hale always talking about it but I never figured
out how to do it. Is it the one ladder on the stage? I bet it is :) how was the
new Star Trek movie. I also heard that an Iron Man 3 movie out??? I didn’t even
know that they were going to make another one haha. Are y’all at Disneyland
right now?? This 18 year old in my ward is coming to Long Beach this summer.
Her dad says his son lives in Long Beach and that she is going to stay there
with him. He wants us to take her around and show her California though. It’s
for her senior trip! That would be fun! Gotta show Jackie off to her haha. ;)
And speaking of not going to Disneyland in
forever... I haven’t been there forever!!!! We need to go when I get home! And
that is a bummer that you missed Becka! They told me that the seminar was
awesome. I need to learn how to live my life now. I'll teach that seminar
actually ;) I don’t have anything to send a picture with. Elder Yogoh left my
camera bag on top of the car and it fell off on the freeway. So that uploader
thing is roaming Alabama somewhere. I found all the other stuff. Just not that.
Everything is going amazingly though! I still
love Athens. The ward is starting to warm up to us and we got fed yesterday. :)
We are trying to work a lot with the ward and get to know them. There are
plenty of great people here we just need to show them that we are worth knowing
and trusting. So yeah, I’m happy! Today I’m just shopping and getting ready for
tonight’s "Empty Nesters" Family Home Evening. We are teaching it
haha. Good food though! Maybe i should get some shoelaces!! And please pray for Tatiana and Tinei. You say Tinei like Tanay. They came to church yesterday and
are doing really well!
Have a great week!
Love Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment