Hola familia!!!
I am in church from 7:30 your time to 10:30 your time. So it looks
like we are going to have to Skype after y’alls church, like 5 o’clock or so??
I don’t know, talk to me about it! I am so jealous of your break the fast...oh
my days, that sounds too good. Also I need to go to Nick’s work and get some of
that horchata and flan. :) I love Mexican food! It was also Elder Craner’s birthday
yesterday, so we went to our Ward Mission Leader’s house and his wife cooked us
some burritos and made some cupcakes for dessert. It was soo good. We are low
on money over here, so our meals have been pretty simple like bean and rice
burritos, pasta and whatnot. Its actually good now that I think about it haha.
But if you have it in your mind to send a package soon, it would be nice to
send granola bars and snack foods. No candy haha. We have been out and about a
lot and eating early lunches so we are starving during the day. And I don’t
want to spend money buying food all the time. So if you could send me some
tracting snacks, I would be super pumped haha.
And is it your game plan to change everything about our house
before I get home?? Shoot haha. Changed the first couch, then my bathroom, then
the fireplace, then the yard and now the other couch? Gollee haha. It’s ok
though. I’m a chameleon, I adapt so well. ;)
That is good that Jackie had her records moved to the singles ward.
And I’m positive that I told Chris I had a sister. He just never met her, so it
probably never stuck in his mind. He is funny haha. Lauren deff doesn’t need a
go between for guys. She has handled that pretty well the last 23 years of
her life hahaha. She is scary hahahaha. I’m not sure if Corbin will go to the
ward or not? He might just go to BYU or something.
And I have not been keeping track of the number of gophers diving
into the pool at all. Y’all can do that for me. I’m too busy over here! And my
week has been great. In the last 4 days we have found 7 new investigators, and
biked all over the place. It is historically cold right now, too. Usually its
around 80 by now, but as of the moment its in the 50s and 60s and has been
raining for 3 days straight. So I’m soaking wet :) And yeah, that family I
had dinner with was the Baker family, and I went longboarding with them. Send
me that picture, by the way! I wanna see it! Anyways....yeah, I am loving it
here. Athens is a tiny lil town and super country. It’s super flat, so super
easy to get around on bikes, and we have a car for now. The sisters gave it to
us, since they left the area. Elder Craner is from Burley, Idaho. He has been
out one transfer shorter than I have and we get along well. His last companions
have been pretty (aka really) disobedient, so he is pumped to be with me :)
Cuz I actually work, and we are actually happy because we are successful. So
that is a pretty good feeling, and I’m glad I can help him. Most of the members
here are 50 and older and so it’s been pretty hard connecting with them and
getting them excited for missionary work. But I’ll get my country on and get
these members pumped!!! No big deal.
And I have 25 minutes left on the computer, so ask me any
questions you want. We need to figure out Skyping for Mother’s Day, too!
I'll probably call you that morning and figure it out. It’s going to be crazy
to have the whole family there haha. Make sure Jackie is invited! Make sure she’s
there . . . not a joke haha. But respond to me!
Love,
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment