Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy in Birmingham


Dearest Family,
How are y’all doing?! This week was a busy one again....I don’t know if I’ll ever get a break from now on haha. We didn’t have any more baptisms and Alex is a girl and Jackson is a boy. Their dad is still in the way of them getting baptized but we are doing our best to help them out and give them the courage to do what they know is right.  Sounds like the bathroom and laundry room are going to be looking good! And yeah, I was looking forward to hearing what you thought about Jimmy. Haha he is a crazy less-active member in the ward who is obsessed with Elder Coleman and me. Said he wanted to call my mom so I gave him the house number. He is kinda deaf, so he talks like a deaf guy. I knew you were going to have a rough time understanding him because you can’t even understand the people at Burger King haha. And yeah, he always asks me why I’m smiling, and I just tell him its because I’m happy haha. He said you told him I’ve been smiling ever since I was a baby. And he said you invited him out to come visit haha.
And Eric came home?? Oh man, what a bummer. Hopefully he can get things sorted out quickly and get back out into the mission field. Returning home is not the best thing. It makes it harder to go out, harder to stay active, and just isn’t fun haha. So I’ll be praying for him and let him know that we got his back. He shouldn’t worry about it. Just work as hard as he can to get back into the field. That’s a bummer though.
And I’m glad your piano recital went well! And I’m equally glad that the worker dude is able to feel comfortable in our home. That’s good to hear. So talk to him about the church, mom!! Get on it. Member missionary action right there. Get on it.
And Fathers and Sons campout sounds way fun too. I miss the ocean so good. I dreamt about it last night :) It was a good dream haha. And Jackie watched Captain America with you? Lucky@!!! And The Avengers?? Shoot, all these good movies are coming out nowadays. I don’t even think about it now. It’s weird to think about watching TV or going to the movies. It’s almost been a year since I have done any of that. Crazy. Oh and tell Jackie that she can have that sticker that I sent home. Rep Alabama as much as possible. 

Like I said, this week was a busy one. And I’ll tell you why haha. We went to Gadsden, Alabama to go on exchanges with the elders there. There are 4 of them so we spent two days in Gadsden and a day with one elder from each companionship. The first day I was with Elder Gebert!! It was fun but I talked way too much during lessons and stuff. Didn’t give him that much time to talk.... Oops. I felt super bad about it. But it was a learning opportunity for me :) The next day I went out with Elder Hawks. He is the missionary who was zone leader here before me, and he is a bomb missionary. Like 399 times better that me. I learned so much from him its not even funny. I loved it. And I saw probably the funniest moment of my life!! I won’t mention it on here, but I’ll write Jackie about it and she can relay it to you :) Then the morning we left, Elder Coleman backed the car into a truck. The car and the truck were fine, but my bike was broke haha. So for the last 3 days I’ve been walking around.... Walked like 50 miles on Friday and Saturday alone. It’s horrible. My ankle’s all messed up now and pops every step I take, and I have fat blisters on that foot haha. Shoot.  :)  The worst part is that walking takes way too long!! I feel so slow and ineffective. I think that’s how you spell that? Whatevs. But Saturday night --- it was 9:10 pm when we got out of our lesson and we had to be home by 9:30! So we ran home...all four miles ... we got home a little late. But I was sweating so crazily and my foot hurt like nobody’s business. It was the best! I took a picture of myself afterwards and it’s bomb. Also that day I saw a 1.4 million dollar car. And there were two of them. So you know that I took a picture of them haha. 3 million dollars right there! It was the Bugatti Veyron and it’s crazy. The guy who owned them was just rich. I didn’t know who he was, so I talked to him. I asked him how he was able to afford them and he said "I got money ..." hahahaha I was like, "ok dude" it was so lame haha. But he was selling a hangover remedy energy drink. And he gave me one for free :) haha it was a funny day. But yeah, so my bike is in the shop, I’m tired of walking, and I’m excited to send you the pictures!!
Enjoy them, and I love you! Have a good week!! Oh, and I got the package! Thank you so much, by the way the Superfood Odwalla bar is so good :) I loved it, thank you. I can’t wear any of those ties. They aren’t conservative. So I’ll find something to do with them :) 
Thanks again.
Love, Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment