Monday, April 23, 2012

Last Week in Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Role Tide!

How Y’all doing?!

Lauren is a graduate!!! That is so crazy to me! Shoot! It sure sounds like BYU does their graduation ceremonies right. Got Dallin H. Oaks speaking and representatives from all over the world graduating with Lauren. Man, I can’t wait to get back to school! It’s going to be the best. And did they really say Oppenheimer?? Hahahahahaha it will never be said correctly at anything important. Pres. Holzapfel still calls me Oh-penlander all the time. I’m all shoot president... :) and Lauren be looking good in all of those pictures. Where is that huge BYU sign? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that thing. How was all of the church stuff on temple square by the way? I want to go and see that ASAP. Being on a mission makes all that old boring stuff a lot more interesting haha.

I haven’t written Steven or Garret yet. Mom, I’m not joking about how busy I am haha. Today I have so much to do I’m going to blow up I am so stressed. Not really stressed just don’t want to pack, send boxes home, and clean the heck out of everything. The assistants called this morning and Elder Taggart and I will be leaving. Elder Hardy and Konold are staying! It’s weird to me that I will be leaving after 6 months. Its pretty much home to me here now so I’m kind of bummed I wont be able to say goodbye to everyone I know here, like 6,000 people haha, but I’m way excited to go to a new area and get a new companion. It’s always exciting and nerve-wracking. I doubt I spelled that word right but its all good. And I have so many things I want to do at my new area.

I have a lot on my mind today haha. One thing I’ve learned this last transfer is how to get in shape! Shoot, I’ve been working out more than I ever have before. Eating healthy and all that good stuff so I want to keep it going. Going to have to buy a blender and carry it around the rest of my mission. I love smoothies for breakfast! :) Shoot and granola bars! Next time you send me something, get Lara bars and Odwalla bars. They have banana bread ones and everything. They are all good so send me those instead of candy!

Oh, and I went to Demopolis again this week and it is so beautiful down there. We stayed at a member’s house and it was so nice. I had my studies out on their back porch facing the woods and just read as the birds chirped and as the humming birds hummed haha. It was the best, then they made us dinner and she made banana bread! It was so good! Not as good as Mom’s but it was still good. And Maura’s baptism went so well it wasn’t even funny. I was super nervous to baptize her but it was perfect and Bishop said I had the "aura of thousands" hahaha I have no idea what that meant but I’m guessing it was because I’m super happy! Maura had a bunch of friends show up and Tess, a Young Adult in the Ward, made a bunch of cupcakes and cookies and stuff for refreshments. It was a good week for reals. Felt the spirit so strongly, it was amazing.

That’s all that really happened this week though. I got some pictures for y’all so enjoy! I hope you have fun in Hawaii!!! I’m so jealous. I miss swimming so badly. But y’all need some rest & relaxation. I hope you have fun and stay safe! I’m glad my prayers have helped you out Mom! Shoot you were freaking me out for a second with all of your medical problems. Chill out and get healthy. I really don’t know what else to say haha. Oh, Elder Ingersoll sent me a package with pictures of us and some of his new area. I love that kid! He's going to be a great missionary for sure. I hope you have a safe trip back from Utah and to Hawaii. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Poppa Opp

No comments:

Post a Comment