Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Seven Months

Mom & Dad!

This week has been so slow its not even funny. I have no idea why but it felt like forever. Jackie got to go to Fortune Cookie with you guys... I miss that restaurant so much. I’ve only had one member meal this whole week and that was with the Robbins. She made chicken and rice. But Asian style and it was so good. I had 2 phat servings and I had been fasting that day so it was well received into my stomach. You went to the Mormon Battalion visitor’s center?? I was just looking at that on mormon.org or something this last week and thought it looked exactly like a Disneyland show haha. It looks cool and I want to check it out when I get home. And I think it would be so weird to go on your mission and do a church historical site... It would just be different I don’t even know. But I can’t believe that girl missionary didn’t recognize me from the MTC!! I can’t believe she went in the same day I did. Come on, who wouldn’t recognize this face? :) And you had Mexican food in old town San Diego......come on! I’m going to get so fat when I’m home! All I’m going to do is eat food. I bet Eric and Forrest are not enjoying the weather at all where they are in Wisconsin and Maryland. It’s been so cold/amazing this week. One day it will be 75 and sunny and the next it will be in the 20s. Its crazy!

Some guy at work is getting you a labrador puppy! Get that thing! You’re welcome for that haha. Oh shoot! I have a picture of a classy Weiner dog I ran into this week at this crazy guys house! I'll send it:) and get a dog!!! Haha that story about Jackie and the hat made me smile big time! Jackie can’t handle Lauren’s aggressiveness! She is passive for sure but that’s good! If she was like Lauren, there would be fights all over the place haha. I’m glad y’all are getting along! And Lauren better not punch her! That’s jacked up. .....Mom....the pit bull didn’t even break Elder Ingersoll’s skin so chill out haha. It was just a near death experience. He’s perfectly fine and just had a little bruise. Samson, the pit bull dog, would have killed him though if he got a hold of him. That sucker is buff and mean. But no he doesn’t need a shot or a kiss ;) He’s perfectly happy!

He’s a little sore today though. We had a crazy game of basketball yesterday. 8 missionaries: Elders Emmanuel, Hardy, Smitley, Stephens, Burdette, York, Ingersoll, and me. It was so fun haha. We played for a good 2 hours and I started doing pretty well. I am no bueno at basketball but I did well yesterday. Got all sweaty and it was a good workout. And I wore my "I <3 my girlfriend" shirt to that too haha. Elder Burdette was telling me I need to start wearing that every time I play now so I’ll do better haha. But that’s funny that Jackie and Nicole wore theirs to the dance, showing some love to Chris and me. :) And yes send me my knife and I need stamps too. Running low!

My interview with President Holzapfel is tomorrow at noon so I’m looking forward to that! I can’t believe this is already my 3rd one! Shoot! I’ve been out for 7 months already and it doesn’t feel like it at all. Feels like 7 weeks sometimes and other times it feels like 7 years! The Carey's are related to Pres and Sister Holzapfel????? Haha - you remember Zach Carey? He was my age and we used to hang all the time when he went to church. Man that’s crazy!! I'll have to let him know when I see him tomorrow!

But yeah this week was great! Did I tell you about that pizza place yet? It’s called pizza palace buffet and for 6$ you get all you can eat pizza, good pizza! Like baked potato and sour cream, bacon, bbq chicken, pepperoni, spicy chicken, just a bunch of good pizza and a drink for 6 dollazzzz.. It’s soo good! Had that yesterday after our basketball game and it was so good. After that, we went to Family Home Evening with Mary, our investigator with a baptismal date, and she’s doing great. Just pray for her that she can stop smoking by her baptism and everything will be amazing! We need to find some new people to teach and I think we're going to focus more on the young single adults this week. They all have friends who could learn about the church. Thanks for all the support Momma and Poppa! I hope your week was good and I hope you keep Jackie safe from Lauren!! Scary!! Hahah

I love you! Have an amazing week!

Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment