Monday, January 30, 2012

January 29, 2012

Mom & Dad!!!

I’m staying in Tuscaloosa again with Elder Ingersoll!!!! I don’t know what to do haha. I’ve never been with a companion more than once and I’ve never been in an area for this long. After this transfer, half of my mission will have been in Tuscaloosa...crazy! So keep sending me mail because it will be at the same place as usual. Only one new thing happened: Elder Ingersoll and I will be the "campus" elders. So we'll do the campus missionary work and work with all the young single adults, spend a lot of time on campus and at the student's apartments and stuff. Plenty of em to talk to :) we'll figure it out, easy. We are gonna have a blast! Elder Hardy and Emmanuel will be moving into another apartment. So just Elder Ingersoll and I back home :) Gonna be good to have my own bathroom and shower again. But it will be different. But yeah, I’ll have been here for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, my birthday and Valentine’s Day. It’s crazy! This is pretty much home for me now. And yeah, my bday is in 5 days!!!! Haha! 20 years old baby, no big deal ;) You must be feeling way old!

And yes, I sent Lauren’s package to you because I didn’t know her address. She'll get it eventually though. And don’t worry about what is in it! Be patient and just wait for her to open it. Mary's baptism was b-e-a-utiful. Taylor, a young man who is about to report to the Missionary Training Center, baptized her. We thought it would be cool for him to go on his mission already having baptized an investigator! I still haven’t baptized anyone, but I don’t care. I enjoy teaching the people and seeing them become happy and change their lives. Then Bro. Robbins confirmed her. Thought it would be better than having a missionary (who is going to leave) confirm her. So she has a lot of support from the ward and they are excited to help her continue to grow in the gospel.

I saw the pictures of Connor and Nick this morning when I got on the computer. Looks cute! Living the dream out in California, going to dances and stuff. I miss that! But it will still be there for me when I get home. That movie you saw seems happy....sike! (I know that’s not how you spell it but I like spelling it like that..ok?) And that Polynesian dance thing sounded fun too! You guys are having a blast back there at home without me, shoot! And you’re remodeling my bathroom? What are you going to do to it? That’s exciting. And yeah, Bro Mays got an iPhone and wanted to add me and Jackie on facebook. That’s cool that he did that. He's an awesome guy, and tell Jackie to go on my profile and add him too! His baby is so cute and tiny! Babies are sketchy a lil bit. And I’ve got to come back and visit the south after my mission! Gotta show you and Jackie around and let you see what its like down in the dirty dirty.

Jackie is cutting dads hair again? Man, he must like those free haircuts haha. And then Jackie is coming over to dinner...I am so hungry right now its not even funny. Tri-tip sounds perfect. I haven’t had that since leaving home. Oh my goodness that sounds so delicious.

Windy and warm back in California, huh? Sounds so good. It’s been pretty hot here but last night was pretty cold. I guess some solar flare or something got temperatures up around the world?? That’s just what I heard, I don’t know if it’s true or not. I have not gotten a letter from PJ yet! Where is it? Haha I can’t wait to hear from him. Can’t believe that PJ is already about to go to the Missionary Training Center. Crazy how everyone is going out, but I’m proud that my age group is going big and going on their missions. Gonna be cool when everyone gets home and we can chat it up. And yeah, Elder Ingersoll knows Elder Brown haha. Utah kids all know each other, its weird.

That Clippers game sounds good too. Man, its weird not even thinking about sports or movies or fun haha. I’m so busy that when someone brings up football or something I’m like, oh yeah that’s still going on. It seems like the world stops but it actually doesn’t. Just into different things nowadays. I love it. The ward is doing alright at feeding me. Bro Mays fed us this week. That’s when he took the pictures and stuff. But I’ve just been feeding myself mostly. It’s all good out here in Alabama. I’m glad I’m staying here because we have a lot of people to meet. We met some awesome people this week and I have high hopes for them. And we started teaching Keshia, Mary’s friend again. We started teaching her with Mary in the beginning, but they got into a fight. But she’s back and she came to Mary’s baptism!! She said she can’t wait until she’s baptized, so we should be having another one soon. I hope y’all have a good week and I love you! I'll send some pics of the baptism and stuff.

Love, Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment