Hey now!
Yes ma’am, I’m back in Birmingham and it is
pretty crazy! Most people still do remember me in the branch, but a lot has
changed. Elder Jensen is from Gunnison, Utah. I have no idea where that is. And
he is my first white companion in like 10 months haha. He has been on his
mission for 13 months and this is his first city area. The whole rest of his
mission was spent in the boonies.
And yes, I saw all the pictures of Savannah’s
wedding! Is his name just Rand? Or Randy or what? Haha. But he looks super tall
and lanky. Savannah’s style right there ;) Yeah and how the heck did Elder Konold
remember Jackie? hahaha. That is super funny! What did Jackie think about him?
I haven’t heard from him in a minute!
And I am very glad that y’all enjoyed your
gifts! I was choosing between a Pandora charm and an elephant for the
University of Alabama. But they didn’t have the elephant so I chose the
football. You should be able to remember Alabama by that. And tell dad he needs
to wear the national champions hat all the time ;) but yeah that book from the
fundamentalist church is strait up false doctrine to the max. There is no way
you could get that confused with the real deal. I thought y’all would enjoy
that though.
And what the heck??? John Anciaux came back from
the Missionary Training Center after like 5 hours?? What happened? That is
pretty lame right there. And Chris Sanchez needs to go on a mission. Get him
going dad. And that Young Single Adult fireside sounds legit!!!! Shoot why didn’t
anything like that happen when I was back home.....you need to plan some good
stuff for me when I get back. Nick is turning 19, right?
And y’all have been married for 25 years?!
Danggggg. That is a long time. But good job! I most likely won’t be doing
anything with President Holzapfel. You never know though. Just doing my thing
over here in the Cahaba Heights Branch.
I had a Brazilian dinner last night that was
amazing though! Goodness gracious I was loving it. Went with a visa missionary
to let him hear some Portuguese and turns out 4 families from the ward and
branch came also, a Brazilian convert, and our investigator Marianna. So they
all brought their favorite Brazilian dish and I ate it all. Fruit, beans, rice,
steak, and other Brazilian stuff. Forgot the name to all of that and even if I
did remember it, I wouldn’t know how to spell it. It was great though. I am
slowly getting back in to the groove of things over here and I am excited for
this week. We have a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles coming, a member
of the Presiding Bishopric, 2 members of the 70, plus President Holzapfel in
the mix. This is going to be my first Mission Conference. Gonna be sweet! But
email me any more questions y’all have. I haven’t gotten any Valentines package
yet. Maybe today! Who knows? But I love y’all and keep praying for me to find
the people who the Lord has prepared.
Peace, love, chicken grease!
Elder Oppenlander
No comments:
Post a Comment