Monday, August 27, 2012

Transfers!


What up!!!

Got transfer instructions, and I’m staying with Elder Ojelade again, but we are moving. As of right now, we are moving to Center Point with Elder Ingersoll. And we will only be working in the Cahaba Heights branch. So we will be living like a 20 minute car drive out of our area. I’m not sure how that is going to work everyday but it will :) And I've got the Canadian for another 6 weeks! Longest companion ever! So that is the plan as of right now. Could change, though. And we are planning to move in with a member of the Cahaba Heights branch once one gets approved. So that is why we are living all the way in Center Point right now. Just keep sending mail to this address until I give you a new one.  I’ll be able to get any mail sent here.
And those pictures from fishing looked good! Was it cold or just windy? Haha Jackie is all up on Becka trying to stay warm or something. And I am still so jealous that y’all got to eat at El Burrito Jr. Haha, I cannot believe Lauren passed out again! Hahahahaha. Man, that is embarrassing. I won’t always be there to catch and laugh at her ... so I will just laugh at her ;) And she passed out in front of Elder Holley!!!! That is amazing. Oh my goodness, I was shocked when I got the picture of Elder Holley and Jackie. I love Elder Holley! That was a great surprise. Man o man, I can’t believe Lauren passed out!! I can’t wait to hear Jackie’s and Elder Holley’s side of it. I'll have to ask and find out. And next time I will be sure to be there to catch her. And laugh ... but I have yet to faint or pass out in my life. I feel deprived in a way, because I haven’t got to experience that. Bummer. But it’s probably because my hydration pack is amazing. It is starting to fall apart a lil bit, but it will last my mission. That thing stinks big time, though. Gallons of sweat have run through it. :)  
And yeah, I don’t know why all the pictures you send are all over the place. But its all right, I can right it on my computer. And Elder Hardy has not written me yet! Or, I haven’t gotten it yet. And I have plans to write Kassie and all of them back. It just takes a lil bit. And it ain’t happenin’ today because I have to pack all of my stuff. So that will be fun. Most of my stuff has stayed packed here in Birmingham though. There isn’t any room in the apartment to put it.
The training with Elder Koelliker was too good! Learned so much, and he had every missionary get up and bear a 1 minute testimony. So that was awesome. Conducting the meeting with him and the other zone leaders was no big thang. I felt super comfortable up there, and I was just excited to learn. And learn we did! That was the first time in my life I have been up close and personal with a General Authority, and you can totally tell he is a man of God. It was crazy. I can’t even describe it, so I’m not going to try. But it was sweet. We got to get to know each other pretty well, and he told me he loved me and hugged me! Good stuff right there :) Wouldn’t of had that experience if I didn’t choose to go on my mission.
And we should be having another baptism this Saturday. Otis, the guy who married a recent convert, is ready. He just needs to stop smoking like everyone else here in Alabama. Shoot, it is so annoying. And we haven’t been able to see Henry again. But we went to the address he gave us and it is the strait ghetto. So we went into the projects and he wasn’t home. But we saw his neighbors, and we went and talked to them. And this girl was eating something, and loving it! So I asked her what she was eating and she said, "pickled hog’s foot, come get you some!" so I did ... let’s just say pickled hogs skin isn’t too good. Haha. She told me to just grab some skin ... and that is all it was. Pickled skin ... but I did it for the story! Y’all know how I am with getting a good story out of something. So mission accomplished. No regrets :)
It sounds like piano is getting crazy for you! It’s like you actually have a job hahah. What is Park Avenue??? I have never eaten there, I don’t think. Sounds expensive. And no g-parents fell down this week!! All right!!!! I guess it was Lauren’s turn.
Tell Dad to have fun on the fishing trip, and y’all are going to the Grand Canyon? Another thing I have yet to do. My list is getting long! I have a lot of life to live haha. We are awaiting hurricane Isaac here, and they say on Wednesday we should be getting 8 to 10 inches of rain! I am excited!!! I have never been in a hurricane before. So this will be fun. I won’t do anything crazy like ride down a huge hill in the pouring rain. (I’ve already tried that, and it is scary because you can’t see anything. Rain hurts your eyeballs when it hits that fast). But anyways, I hope y’all have a good week. And pray that Otis can stop smoking and pray that we can find the people who the Lord has prepared over in the branch. Spank you!
Love y’all,
Elder Oppenlander

No comments:

Post a Comment